• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which part of your XJ is a guaranteed rock magnet?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
For me it seems to be the right front towhook :) Each time I pound that bracket into shape (kind of) I seem to catch it on the next outing no matter how careful I am about it......

So how about the rest of you? Does anyone else sem to have a "favourite magnet"?

Kejtar

Not too many rocks where I wheel but the right hand lower control arm bracket is a stump magnet, it just digs deeply into at least one tree stump almost every ride.

Xmember
gas tank

Top corners of the cage and tail lights. Roof is slowly getting magnetized.

Sean

Tail lights, rear bumper, t-case skid and rockers.

A week after I got my ARB bull bar, I was trying to avoid a 3ft+ rock when I hit some loose dirt and slid right into it. I put a big dent right where the winch mount is located. Luckily though, I had not installed the winch yet, or it might be toast.

Actually, my rig seems to be more of a branch magnet than a rock magnet. There are many tight trails in Colorado and I seem to keep scratching the sides.

Left rear quarter panel. The BPI rear bumper and corner plates will help a little, I hope. Front right control arm mount on axle seems to have some altered polarity as well.

my doors, specifically, driver side doors, I try to use my rock rails to piviot around things and it doesn't always work.

Oh well, I don't have a straight body panel on my Jeep, roof included, that's what makes it cool.

Anything below the (roof-mounted) antenna is in the food chain

Cross member

What's all this about control arms, crossmembers, bumpers, etc., that stuff's there to hit the rocks. :D

For me it's doors. I have a brand new paint job, done in Jan. I dinged one door and rear quarter panel, got that repainted in April. Now, all four doors have dents and scratches. I used to be more careful than that.........what's happened? :D

Back