• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headers?

lacherokee96

NAXJA Forum User
when choosing a new header for my xj, is it best to go for stainless steel, chrome, or ceramic? whats the best option. I have a crack in my header now and Im looking to replace it with something with great perfromance and that wont crack mabye something flexible so it doesnt happen again

any suggestions?

I have heard that the APN is a good bet. It supposed to be made out of a better steel and it is a helluva lot cheaper that Banks or Borla

Search it out....

I put the APN header on two months ago. It's holding up so far.

I'm running the Edelbrock header with the "TiTECH" coating. I tried to order the ceramic coated one but it was on back order and I was impatient so I went with the "TiTECH". So far so good, looks good, sounds good, and no issues. The seat of the pants dyno suggests better throttle response and maybe a couple more HP. Plus as far as I know it was made in the U.S.

Back