• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Very important!!!! Everyone read!!!!

There is a smoke advisory in many of the western areas of the state today. The bigger fires are not anticipated to be fully extinguished until winter. The southwest flow of under 10% humidity and high temps is coming back this weekend, along with a nice dose of wind, so the fires that have settled down some are going to rear up again.

We had more rain on the Borton (Hayman) fire last night, and some people were able to go back home on the North side. This weekend will be an important time. We've lost 200 square miles in this fire.

Some Colorado XJ'ers are starting to view this season as a time to finish up Jeep projects. I hope to get out in September, with Moab in October, but I'm not even going to worry about wheeling before then.

Nay

[/img]

CO event

Definitely looking forward to the colorado event this year. The fires have died down a lot since this topic started, and there's no telling what will happen by August. Hopefully it won't be cancelled. I don't know where you're planning on having the event, but look into the Camp Hale area where camp jeep used to be held. As far as i know the forests are open, and there's a lot of good 4 wheeling in that area. And so far, no fires anywhere too close to there.

I live here in CO, and the restrictions are in place, but there are still lots of places to enjoy. As far as restrictions within the back-country for grills etc, try www.colorado.com or the USFS website, incidentally, my CJ is on the homepage for CO.com in their adventure travel section......heehee

Ray
Denver

Back