• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping reservations at Crazy Horse

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It looks to me like we will have enough to reserve the group camp site at Crazy Horse, from Tues to Sat. I count at least six people camping at CH from Tues to Sat......Grant and Carol, Erik, me and my Dad, Crunch, and Bones, plus others showing up on different days. I went ahead and made a reservation, but I would be happy to call back in the morning and reserve the one remaining group site, from Tues night through Sat night. It would defintely be cheaper than individual sites....$12 for doubles and $6 for singles compared to $19 each for individual sites. Even if we were short the 10 minimum for a couple of nights, which we shouldn't, it would still be cheaper for us, and it would be easy and cheaper for those who might camp for just a night or two. It would also be nicer with us all in the same area.

I would be happy to call and make that reservation if it sounds good to you all.

Richard G

Sounds good to me. I checked when I made my res and it is transferable to the group site should we be so inclined.

BTW: My wife and son will be attending this trip as well. If the weather is somewhat dry my son may try sleeping in his own tent.

Bones

Hey Goatman,

Sounds good to me also. I'll call them just to make sure mine is also transferrable. Group sights gooooooooood.

I think that it's a great idea Richard, except that I thought that the run up Holy Cross (Fri) was an overnighter. If so, then there might not be anyone there that night. I guess that it would still be cheaper to go ahead and keep the site for that night. And it would make it easier for anyone who is coming in that night to find the "group", even if the group isn't there. Also, if we are kept segregated from the general population there is less chance that we might disturb any "foreign guests". PS - Bring the NAXJA banner with you.

We want to leave a good impression on any foreign visitors, wouldn't want them to know that we actually fix our cars. :p (private joke from BotW)

Don has the banner, he's bringing it from Tellico.

If Bones is bringing his family, we definitely have enough for the group site.

Richard G

We have a group campsite reserved at Crazy Horse from Tues, 7-30 to Sat, 8-3. You can all call and move your deposit and reservation from an individual site to the group site. It's reserved under my name, Richard Gauthier, and NAXJA. Some of you may get there before we do on Tues, so it's Group Site 1.

See you there,

Richard G

Thanks Richard, I've already changed my reservation. I'm hitting the road today. I want to check out the area between Price and Emery, UT. There's supposed to be a lot of rock art in the area. If you don't see me Monday night, then send out a search party. Drive safe, and watch out for fires, e-coli, terrorists, etc.

Back