• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My step son is looking for an MJ

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone know of a good deal on one?? Don't care if it's running or not, 2 or 4 wheel drive, prefer a short bed, but not too torn up. He rolled his XJ a while back, and we can transfer all his parts lift, engine, etc, over. I'd rather not do an engine swap, but it's not beyond my capabilities. It's amazing what a couple months of walking everywhere will do for appreciating your ride.

Thanks,
-Dan

Do you want a REALLY basic MJ for free? It has a blown headgasket, but if you can use it you can have it.

Short bed, 4cyl, 4spd, 2wd, no PS, no AC, but the body is straight. Paint and interior are rough.

If Dan doesn't want it, I'll take it. I am looking to build a truggy and put all my XJ crap on it.

Hehehehe. I don't need/want it; I'M IN!

:D

Oh Oh Oh, my neighbor's cousin wants one too ;)

I have a spare 2.5L head that I think was just rebuilt.

its free to whoever buys that MJ that might wanna keep the 2.5

I might have a radiator for it NIB too.

MJ's are so 80's. How about a 1984 4Dr XJ Shell or a 1985 2Dr XJ shell for your boy? Very cheap.

Last edited:
Goatman said:
Do you want a REALLY basic MJ for free? It has a blown headgasket, but if you can use it you can have it.

Short bed, 4cyl, 4spd, 2wd, no PS, no AC, but the body is straight. Paint and interior are rough.

Will a 4.0 bolt into that thing without doing a bunch of crazy fabwork? What about being able to smog it? This would have to be a daily driver as well. I think I'll pass on this one, to find something a little more complete/closer to driveable, as well as closer goegraphically. I've got enough of my own projects right now. Doing the whole swap-a-roo would be a last resort.

I bet you had now idea how much interest there is in your junk yard, hehe.

I really appreciate the offer though.

-Dan

Well, I offered it to Dan free just to help out his boy. If any of the rest of you vultures want it you'll have to pay for it.........though not much! :D

My son-in-law/next door neighbor drove it to work every day until the headgasket blew on it. I was going to cut the back of the cab off of it to give to someone who might do a chop job and make a trailer out of the bed.

Avery called and offered me cash, so he's a lucky beat up MJ owner. :)

I been looking for one fairly cheep, never thought anyone here would part with one, much less cheep. And I'd have done the hop from Texas to go get it even.
That will learn me.

5-90 said:
Avery, don't you dare do a hack job on that truck! You aced me out of a good work truck, and dammit, I could use one!:wave:

5-90

Me? Never :laugh:

So.....need a motor? :D

cracker said:
Me? Never :laugh:

So.....need a motor? :D

Does the rest of the truck come with? I've already got four XJ's and five engines (not counting the various Briggs & Stratton verticals that I've got to figure out what I want to do with...) I'm right on the edge of saying that I NEED a pickup - prefereably an MJ (simplifying the logistical train - I already know what colours the wires are, and I've already got spares that will fit...)

5-90

5-90 said:
Avery, don't you dare do a hack job on that truck! You aced me out of a good work truck, and dammit, I could use one!:wave:

5-90

It'll be the first pic I post of it. :D

Have MJ, will cut. :D

--ron

Back