• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by WF Oh-Ten" thread

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
As with every big trip, there are always projects getting tied up or new things added to peoples rigs, so what kind of projects (realistic or not :D) do you all have going on? I mean, come on, we have like 7 months to get things done and Christmas for all of those extra goodies etc...

I am going to complete my tail light boxes and pretty much leave evreything else alone (yeah right) unless something breaks between now and then....:D

(insert Mr. T voice here) Post up fools!

i got a T-case skid that i need to put on, also want to find a gas tank skid so i dont pop my plastic tank on a rock or something, want to get some lights for my roof rack but that wont matter

im sure other things will pop up within 7 months

Shooting for 31's and a winch before WF!

Oh and a skid plate that doesn't hang down as far! :D

turn the ignition key...pull her out of the garage....DONE!

:greensmok

BOB

Get all 3 jeeps in running order so i can pick one depending on the weather conditions. i don't think i have enough money or time for that so i guess what ever is running will be there.

My only plans are to adopt a noob.

Well if funds are in order i may make this one. Ill have to...
Swap out the worn out VD30 for a newer D30. (Vac 30 needs ujoints and balljoints)
Front and Rear tow points.
Fire Extinquisher
Maybe budget boost.

Last edited:
I may throw hydro assist on my list if I get ambitious enough. I have had the parts for a while now...or like some of the others, I might just put gas in it and load it on the trailer :dunno:

Well, the slight elevation change will be taking affect sooner than i thought. Picking up a set of 31x10.5 Baja Claws from Big Hank's brother next friday as long as they are in reasonable shape. The price is definitely right! So, that means I can get my backbone ordered soon followed by a winch for christmas! :D

Want a big front axle with selectable locker.
New steering linkage.
Roll cage.
Reinforce rear bumper mounts.
Finish on board welder.
Install on board air.
Re do the spare tire carrier.
Install lower control arm drop brackets.
Replace cracked windshield.
Replace all worn bushings.
Drill the other 16 holes for 32 bolt beadlocks.

I'll be lucky if I get half this done.:D

Nick

I am thinking about adding cage to my list, but time and $ will be the deciding factor on that I am sure.

Cage is far far far dowmn the list of mods for me! Its looking like it'll be on 31's with either a winch bumper or backbone with an XRC 8 resting on it! :D

Back