NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > Land Use / Off Topic and other Forums > In Memorium
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

In Memorium This forum is in tribute to NAXJA Members who have passed away.

Old September 9th, 2015, 08:43
Three-De Off-Road

Re: R.I.P Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89eliminator View Post
To anyone that never got to meet him in person or online, they are missing out. I met him at my first winterfest 5 years ago. He was always one of the first guys I had to say hi to whenever arriving at a event that he was at. He did not have the best hand dealt to him in life but he absolutely lived it to it's fullest. Have fun wheelin in God's country buddy.
I hope heaven has mountains to climb.....
Dirk DeYoung--Member #176--National Vice President, SEC President
You'll never leave Harlan alive.
1996 ZJ (200GRND)...2001 XJ (TRALRIG)...2006 XK (TOW RIG)
Old September 9th, 2015, 08:50
Member# 2368

Aaron was a great friend. I'm definitely going to miss the hell out of him. I'm still at a loss for words...

I've been collecting funds to donate to the family since last night. If you'd like to donate directly to the family you can send me a PM and I'll tell you how.

Or I've just been made aware of a Gofundme account set up in his name. You can also donate there.

http://www.gofundme.com/sy3rsxmg
Old September 9th, 2015, 09:18
NAXJA Forum User

I had the honor of growing up with flexd and he was one of the best human beings I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Our love of Guns, xj's, and nature blossomed together. He never hesitated to help anyone who needed anything as well as tell someone when they were being a jack-ass. With him spotting I have tackled some things in my heap that I would have never even considered. I love you brother, see you on the next trail.
Old September 9th, 2015, 09:41
NAXJA Member

Sure glad he made it to Moab!!!!
Old September 9th, 2015, 10:30
NAXJA Member

Flexd you will be missed . Glad I got to meet you in Moab when I did.

1998 4.6 stroker , aw4 XJ on 60/14b , 5.38s, grizzly/detroit, cage, 40s, psc big bore box , assist, 3 link,transgo aw4 reprogram
Old September 9th, 2015, 11:01
That's Me

This was on the road to Moab, 2013, feels like just yesterday Aaron, such an epic adventure that no words will ever be able to fulfill the sheer presence of being there. I am deeply saddened by your passing. Your friendship, your laugh, your you, will be missed and your life has been an inspiration like no other.
Rest easy my friend,
KP

IMG_20131006_173458368 by KP, on Flickr
Old September 9th, 2015, 12:29
NAMJA Member

R.I.P Aaron

Aaron and his crazy flexd xj
Old September 9th, 2015, 15:13
NAXJA Forum User

Happy Trails bud! I still can't believe it.
Old September 9th, 2015, 15:45
NAXJA Forum User

I just signed on and saw this-- I don't even know how to react. I'm somewhere between stunned and in shock.

Aaron was one of the members that I always said I had to meet at some point, if for no other reason, so he could give me the swift kick in the arse that I deserved for goofing on him all the time. He opened himself up to the club and offered more than anyone could have ever asked of him; and did it from the goodness in his heart. He will be missed by many, and for all the right reasons.

Shorty
Old September 13th, 2015, 14:56
NAXJA Forum User

Can we move this to In Memorium
Old September 13th, 2015, 19:46
Regular Joe

This past week has been tough with the passing of my friend, Aaron Thompson. He came to the first Crawl in 2010 and was a fixture in all of the rides I led since. He always spent at least a day or more in the rides I led. One year, I felt something wasn't right with my XJ so one year he let me ride shotgun and he led while I navigated.

So many of the pictures were of him and his XJ at the Crawl in Harlan. I saw a pictures of my fat butt hanging off the side of his XJ in the lower rock garden. Others were from the top of the helipad we first found in 2014 and visited again in 2015. Another image was a black and white of his Jeep sitting in the doorway of the locomotive shed we found the first time this year. That was an exciting place to find and just another adventure with Aaron.

There were so many things I didn't know about him. We talked mostly about Jeep stuff. I wished I had learned more about him. The good thing is he did so much in a short amount of time. He did stuff rather than planning forever like I do. He made time for the people and things he enjoyed. He came to the Rusty's build, the 2014 Flog, almost every Crawl since 2010.

Those are they things I will take with me and remember forever about Aaron. It was so good to see so many people that he touched come together Saturday. He had so many "families". is family.

I miss you friend.
Old September 14th, 2015, 21:17
NAXJA Member #120

R.I.P Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by go1lum View Post
Can we move this to In Memorium

Yes, it will be eventually.

mac 'RIP Aaron' gyvr
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Old September 15th, 2015, 13:01
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPTHEMP View Post
This was on the road to Moab, 2013, feels like just yesterday Aaron, such an epic adventure that no words will ever be able to fulfill the sheer presence of being there. I am deeply saddened by your passing. Your friendship, your laugh, your you, will be missed and your life has been an inspiration like no other.
Rest easy my friend,
KP

IMG_20131006_173458368 by KP, on Flickr
Jesus dude...You just made me cry. Again.

Aaron was special in so many ways. I only physically met him twice. Once in 2013 in Moab and then again in May of 2014 when I took him on an 8 day adventure through Nevada. He could have chosen so many different ways to live his life. Living with Beckers MD he could have easily chose a life of a couch potato or did what he could to make everyone else feel sorry for him. That just wasn't his way. He was a true inspiration to me.

I told my wife a couple nights before I left to attend his service that if you want to set a real goal in life, set a goal to touch half the people Aaron did in a positive way. After seeing the love and support for him at his funeral it's pretty obvious that would be a hard goal to attain.
Old September 15th, 2015, 13:21
Member Number 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoab View Post
He could have chosen so many different ways to live his life. Living with Beckers MD he could have easily chose a life of a couch potato or did what he could to make everyone else feel sorry for him. That just wasn't his way. He was a true inspiration to me.
This is what I admired and respected most about Aaron.
Old September 16th, 2015, 14:05
NAXJA Member

Damn, Rest in peace man.