• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving to CO. finally with my jeep

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
I was out there this past winter but have been back home in PA for a few weeks. Going to be heading to glenwood springs got a job whitewater river guiding there. wont know anyone so if your in the area drop me a line.! and i definetly will be purchasing my naxja membership

keith

I'll see what i can do. Being a pro cert ski instructor and river guide I can get discounts on other items....I will have to see it definetly would be cool to put a trip together. may 13 is my training so i will be out there early running all over the place :)

I have a few friends in Silt that work in GS. Know a guy that guids up there for one of the outfits. You're going to like it up there other than the cost of living that is. They have a few good bars upthere.

jdogg4 said:
I have a few friends in Silt that work in GS. Know a guy that guids up there for one of the outfits. You're going to like it up there other than the cost of living that is. They have a few good bars upthere.

Where? Please tell.

The good ones in Aspen are closing down.

Thats because drinks cost 12 bucks each up there.

I've spent some time at the denver inn. one friend there lived 3 blocks to the east of there. It was great get trashed and stagger home.

I love the white house pizza place in carbondale. YUM! and the hostis with the big well lets just say feet HOT. the older lady with the fake ta ta and skin like leather is a bit creepy to me but nice.

jdogg4 said:

I've spent some time at the denver inn. one friend there lived 3 blocks to the east of there. It was great get trashed and stagger home.

I love the white house pizza place in carbondale. YUM! and the hostis with the big well lets just say feet HOT. the older lady with the fake ta ta and skin like leather is a bit creepy to me but nice.

Most places in Aspen are getting way expensive. The good, cheap dives are closing. The Red Onion closed permanently a few weeks ago, the Cooper Street Pier is closing, and the only place open where the locals go and the beer is cheap is now the Double Dog Pub.

White House Pizza rocks.

I'm currently in Pearlington, Miss., for the paper shooting all the rebuilding and recovery. This place is still a mess. Houses are still just piles of junk and most people still live in FEMA trailers as they try to build, or rebuild, their homes. The shrimping industry here is gone although there are tons of shrimp. Most shrimp boats were destroyed by Katrina and the only bulk ice facility is now part of the bayou.

Tomorrow, we (the reporter Scott and I) are heading to Port Sulpher, La., and south, then to the 9th Ward as we've heard those places are still untouched since the hurricane.

Oh yeah, FEMA isn't helping these people at all and the insurance companies are coming up with all types of excuses not to pay the policy holders.

Some people have completly bypassed the system and are now living in their own homes they've rebuilt themselves. Some of the subdivisions, such as Oak Harbor and Belle Isle, are still a mess and unhabitable.

This place will need help for years to come.

wow. i had no idea it was still all messed up. guessing living up here you really have no idea. The jeep is in my garage on jack stands with the wheels off. Getting all new brakes. front rotors cut, I pulled my carpet out last night and will be hurculing it. Dads building a big storage box for the back. Suppose to be nice here the next 2 days so that'll be good !

keith

The Brew Pub, Doc Hollidays, The Bayou, The Springs, and Rivers are the most popular ones. The Springs and Doc’s have a bit rougher crowds.

jdogg4 said:

We ate at the White House a few weeks back and it was good. Any eye candy musta had the night off....or we have drastically different taste. :D

Pablo...we tried to eat at the Double Dog but man....the gal I talked to was a royal b!tch so I decided to skip it.

riverfever said:
We ate at the White House a few weeks back and it was good. Any eye candy musta had the night off....or we have drastically different taste. :D

Pablo...we tried to eat at the Double Dog but man....the gal I talked to was a royal b!tch so I decided to skip it.

O she was the only one that was hittable that night. The rest had that mt. twang to them that said DON'T TOUCH THAT!

Back