• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We had a great time!

Dubster

NAXJA Forum User
Carol and the vendors did a great job and it was fun to see everybody. I know Roxanne and Rebecca enjoyed themselves.

I'd like to thank Nimrod, Bent, Kevin and his wife for helping us pick up after LEADFOOT. :eyes: About mid day Sunday the Rangers started descending on all of the empty campsites to clean up. When they got to LEADFOOT's they noticed that one of their sites had two tables and the other none. They had moved the table to entertain and forgot to move it back.

The Rangers were pissed. Asked us who was in that site and if they were with our group. We get "Do you know how much extra work it is to move it back?" I told them I would see if anybody was still in camp that could help us move it back. Those things are f'n heavy.

I flagged down Nimrod on his way out and he agreed to go back and round up a couple people to help move it back. Then I flagged down Bent and about that time Nimrod comes back with Kevin and Heather in tow. Got it moved back and the Rangers are now happy with us.

We can't wait to do it again.

dub

Holy smokes.. "Our Bad" when the get together started we had some help moving the table over to gain some seating for the larger crowd than anticipated.. and in the rush to get packed up Saturday night to get my Pregnant wife down the hill due to her catching that horrible flu going around we forgot... thanks for moving it back for us. Was not done intentionally:angel: as for the rest of the site.. we made sure all the trash was picked up, so there wasn't anything else wrong besides the table mishap.. hope all enjoyed the HOT DOGS as much as we appreciated the company

No worries. I'm just glad I could round up enough people to move it back to make the Rangers happy. Didn't mean to imply there was anything else amiss. I like to be the first in camp and the last. Gives me perspective on how it was and how it was left. I always pick up any trash I can find before I leave. Very refreshing to see how little there was for me after most had left.

Let us know the details when that new wheeler/camper arrives.

dub

Goodtimes, thanks leadfoot for the dinner, and for all the raffle prize donations...I got some rockrails!

Thanks to everyone on the Holcomb Creek-Dishpan Springs-Dishpan Springs-Holcomb Creek run, everyone was on point with their rigs, wheeling skills, and wrenching skills.

Thanks to all who prepared dinner Saturday as well.

AND OF COURSE, CAROL for doing a whole bunch of work to get everything there for us.

Goodtimes, thanks leadfoot for the dinner, and for all the raffle prize donations...I got some rockrails!

Thanks to everyone on the Holcomb Creek-Dishpan Springs-Dishpan Springs-Holcomb Creek run, everyone was on point with their rigs, wheeling skills, and wrenching skills.

Except this guy. WTF was he thinking?!
IMAG0799_zps7npq6wox.jpg

x2 on the props to Carol, Leadfoot, and all the other volunteers and vendors.

Edit: Yeah Dub those tables weigh a ton. That's why I try my best to supervise them being moved. :dunce:

Thanks to everyone on the Holcomb Creek-Dishpan Springs-Dishpan Springs-Holcomb Creek run, everyone was on point with their rigs, wheeling skills, and wrenching skills

AND OF COURSE, CAROL for doing a whole bunch of work to get everything there for us.

Had a great time myself. Great group and good pace all day. Need to get the final 5 of our group together for some more wheeling in the near future.

Thanks to all who prepared dinner Saturday as well.

Thank you John for leading the group! Had a blast and appreciate you stepping up along with the others to lead the trails.

Except this guy. WTF was he thinking?!

x2 on the props to Carol, Leadfoot, and all the other volunteers and vendors.

He was trying the money line and ran out of money.

X3. Thank you to all those who helped put on this event! Saw a lot of new faces at the drivers meeting, maybe a face to screen name thread would be a good idea to bring those of us who are out of the loop back up to speed.

Had a great time myself. Great group and good pace all day. Need to get the final 5 of our group together for some more wheeling in the near future.

Good wheeling with you Jeff. I agree, the group as a whole, starting I think with 10 rigs and down to the 5 was a good group. Some good drivers and well prepped rigs. No major mechanicals with a big group is a testament to everyone putting in the effort to keep their rigs in good shape.

Then I flagged down Bent and about that time Nimrod comes back with Kevin and Heather in tow.

My apologies to Kevin, for addressing him as "James," more than once, even though I had a feeling I was in error. I guess guys with glasses all look a bit alike to me. (Just kidding!). Sorry, Kevin.

I would suggest for future events if you don't know the person and they don't have a name tag they should be addressed as "Bill". It can be the code for I don't know you, let's introduce ourselves. This was our first time with a NAXJA group and it was a bit intimidating to try to get to know everybody.

Thanks, Tim, Jim, Bob, Bill.

dub

I would suggest for future events if you don't know the person and they don't have a name tag they should be addressed as "Bill". It can be the code for I don't know you, let's introduce ourselves. This was our first time with a NAXJA group and it was a bit intimidating to try to get to know everybody.

Thanks, Tim, Jim, Bob, Bill.

dub
You just need to be outgoing enough to introduce yourself. There are plenty of people like Mitch, aka 'FaultyLine', whom of which forget people's names.

Hey, why am I being made a specific example! Hahaha

Psst.

:shhh:

I don't think that is his actual name.

Back