• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Build for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 + Future

I decided to get out an work on my Jeep today. Installed some RE 5.5" springs, RE track bar bracket with brace and some Bilstein shocks. In the process I found out that the heims in my track bar were seized. So I pulled off my steering to check those as well. All 4 were seized. Pretty sure this is why the Jeep handles like shit. Not sure if I'm going to order just the heims or new tube as well and start over. The more I do the more stuff i find that needs attention.

Whoa! How did I miss that? Nice MJ!
You mentioned it needs work, message me if you have any particular needs. I'm still sitting on a lot of stuff.
Rich

Whoa! How did I miss that? Nice MJ!
You mentioned it needs work, message me if you have any particular needs. I'm still sitting on a lot of stuff.
Rich

I just actually sold the mj on sunday. It wasnt a project that i was in the mood to tackle. I have no motivation to work my xj right now either.

The Jeep has come a long way since I first picked it up. I fought a wandering issue for 7 months. I almost got rid of it a couple times but I'm glad I didnt. Back in June it performed great off road at NAC fest. Getting there and back was another story. I white knuckled it the whole wau. Since then I have re configured the steering, added an antirock, a PSC big bore steering box and set the caster on an alignment machine. I was able to drive out to AOAA for Rocktoberfest and have a great time without a worry. This fall/winter it will be getting a hybrid cage and hopefully a good set of seats. I'm looking forward to getting out a lot more with this rig. I'm new to AOAA so I've got a good amount of exploring to do.

20201025-165717-1.jpg

20201025-142441.jpg

Last edited:
I remember John had a black 2000 that was built very similar to yours. He had a nice cage and I was REALLY impressed by how much it stiffened up the Jeep. Driving it you could 'feel' the trail really well.

A cage is always money well spent.

Steering consists of Chevy flat top knuckles, High steer arms, ruff stuff 7/8 heims, 1.50" .250 dom drag link, 7075 1.5" tie rod from wide open designs, stock pitman arm with a spacer welded to it to drop the drag link a hair. Its got an 6" x 1.5" psc assist ram, PSC big bore steering box and stock pump with the west texas mod.

Back