• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Front axle housing/beam 2wd OR 4wd!

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a straight 2wd front axle beam. Needs to be straight, brakes & knuckles not needed. Will also consider a Dana 30 housing, again no brakes or knuckles needed, I don't even need the internals but the housing needs to be straight.

There's a dude in Chattanooga with a 2wd beam. He wants $200 for the whole Jeep. There's still plenty parts left on it to part it out and make a profit and still ahve what you need... FYI.

I tagged you in the post on FB. His name is James Burns.

I'm sure he would, but he's 2.5 hrs away (in the wrong direction) from me. I drive by you on a regular basis, so that's why I was hoping you'd have one at some point. I check PAP and they sell the front bare axle for like $40, so I may just go that route. I need to go see if I can find a pair of drums to fit the 60 I bought from Will anyway.

Mike if you get over here or this way I'm sure I have one...... What's it for?

Just looking for something I can use for measurents when I set up the 44 for mine. My passenger side lower had been ripped off in the past and rewelded in the wrong position, plus my upper mount is tweaked a bit so that whole side is pretty much useless for accurate measurements. I may also use it to roll the XJ around if I wind up selling my axles beforehand, and possibly either scavenge a couple pieces from it, or at least copy what's there.

Ok well I have a couple in the trailer I believe. I also have two parts jeeps out back. Right now I'm trying to get a table I bought cleaned and the shop more organized. The MJ has one but I need to be able to move it atm. Once the shop is where I want it that MJ is going to get worked on. Come spend a weekend here and take it home on Sunday. I'd imagine you and me and L Glenn could get a lot done on a Saturday. Only thing I want off the MJ axle is the slugs for the front. :)

We might be able to work something like that out. I never know when I may be headed back to Mullins. We'll play it by ear. I may just come out for that wrench fest you were talking about in that other thread.

We might be able to work something like that out. I never know when I may be headed back to Mullins. We'll play it by ear. I may just come out for that wrench fest you were talking about in that other thread.

Ok well It's looking more like March. February is about gone and I've had no time to do any prep work or to get the shop somewhat straight......

If you dont get one in the next month I have one you can have and will let you know on my next trip to Atlanta.
Chad

Back