• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen Jeep: Albuquerque NM 20110607 Black on Black

XJ 4-play

NAXJA Forum User
:flamemad:Stolen in Albuquerque, NM today. 20110607
1996 4dr Cherokee, blacked out! shiny black paint, black windows, no decals, black steelies, RE 3.5 (sits like its 5+. 31" Procomp x all terrains. Missing a drivers side vent window it's lying in the parking lot. Probably headed for Mexico!

Any sightings please let your neighborhood police know how she's running, oh and where!:smsoap:

Will keep an eye out. Bummer about your loss.

I appreciate it. From what I've been hearing from people that have had there vehicles stolen, many times they just find it a few weeks later abandoned in a parking lot. My guess is it was stolen for parts so its most likely gone now, but you never know.

Re: (FOUND)Stolen Jeep: Albuquerque NM 20110607 Black on Black

The police found her near central Thursday night:

So she's still all in one piece. Luckily she wasn't burned on the mesa somewhere.

1. The bezel over the stereo was broken to get the stereo

2. The amp was taken from under the drivers seat

3. One overhead speaker was removed from the sound bar which is halfway hanging out.

4. The driver rear window was broken to get in.

5. And the steering column was torn apart to start the car. Anything of value was taken (flashlights, tow straps, tools, sunglasses etc.

6. Door Open button on driver front was broken to turn off obnoxious buzzer i would guess.

7. They covered it in motor oil inside and out. Tow guys said its for fingerprints. Whatever it's for the oil is everywhere.

So with a new steering column, window, stereo bezel, and deep cleaning of the interior and she should be just fine. luckily the stereo, amp, and speaker were removed at the connectors so they didn't just cut the harness.

A super strong engine, completely upgraded suspension and drivetrain, it has the least amount of rust i have ever seen on a Jeep, with the some of the best looking paint and they will still want to total her out and offer me nothing.

Crossing my fingers but I'm not sure what I want them to do.

Glad they found it, and hope things work out for you with the insurance.

Back