• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Valentine’s day

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday I ordered 2 dozen red roses to be sent to my wife at the office. This will only be the 2nd time in our 1.5 years of marriage that I have got her flowers. Having those flowers sent it FREKIN EXPENSIVE $190$!!! She is worth it though. I love that woman and I know it will never fade. I just had to say that.

:flame:

I buy my wife planted flowers, that way they last a couple weeks. I can't stand paying for dead plants......

Oh, the innocence of youth...:roflmao: but I gotta admit, that was classy. Good on ya!

My wife and I (will be our 15th come June) don't get each other crap for anything, birthday, Christmas, etc...but we take a loooong vacation every year together. We consider it one gift to ourselves to make up for all the other gift occasions..works quite well.

BUT

I scored major "spend-as-much-time-with-your-Jeep-as-you-want" points today. With the help of one of her coworkers that got her out of her office for a couple hours this morning, I snuck down and laid out a dozen long stems with two white callalillies (sp?) mixed in (her wedding bouquet and favorite flower) on her desk with a card and some nice chocolate. The bonus was that she works in an office with 5 other women, who were there when I took all the stuff in.

She called me about an hour later when she got back in, crying (the good kind of crying :))

Jeff

Jeff in VA said:
Oh, the innocence of youth...:roflmao: but I gotta admit, that was classy. Good on ya!

My wife and I (will be our 15th come June) don't get each other crap for anything, birthday, Christmas, etc...but we take a loooong vacation every year together. We consider it one gift to ourselves to make up for all the other gift occasions..works quite well.

BUT

I scored major "spend-as-much-time-with-your-Jeep-as-you-want" points today. With the help of one of her coworkers that got her out of her office for a couple hours this morning, I snuck down and laid out a dozen long stems with two white callalillies (sp?) mixed in (her wedding bouquet and favorite flower) on her desk with a card and some nice chocolate. The bonus was that she works in an office with 5 other women, who were there when I took all the stuff in.

She called me about an hour later when she got back in, crying (the good kind of crying :))

Jeff

Good man.

fdsa487 said:
Yesterday I ordered 2 dozen red roses to be sent to my wife at the office. This will only be the 2nd time in our 1.5 years of marriage that I have got her flowers. Having those flowers sent it FREKIN EXPENSIVE $190$!!! She is worth it though. I love that woman and I know it will never fade. I just had to say that.

:flame:
use proflowers.com. Fresh from the fields and last a while. Whenever I buy the lilies for my girl they last over 10 days with regular watering.

My wife has an off-site meeting at 2. I hope they get there before she leaves at 1:20 or I will be really pissed off. They say on their web site (1800flowers.com) that they deliver between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. and im sure they are swamped being that its Valentines day.

Been married 32 years. My wife was a professional florist. I never get her flowers when expected, such as Valentines Day, Birthday, etc, but always when she doesn't expect it, probably 10 times a year.

I really screwed myself on Valentines gifts forever a couple of years ago. I surprised here with a trip to Rome for a week. I'll never top that.

these are all good ideas. note to self: give wife flowers sometimes, and when you go on vacation, take her along. huh, i never made the connection. anymore good ideas?

fdsa487 said:
I know it was hard to do, but if it makes her feel special for 2 seconds then it is worth it to me.
Amen brother best gift ever for my wife was when her friends at work who are all single and talk about the guys they are with that weekend got to see when her anaversary present was delivered to her at her desk. I never had any idea it would be such a big deal. I convinced the florest to deliver a nice small rose assortment tied to a small jewlry box containing a small white gold necklace ( I saw her looking at it last time in the mall)

for today a card 2 teddy bears some chocolates and lobster dinner made by me.

Jeff in VA said:
Oh,

Jeff

DUDE that is so going on my list of stuff for next yearparty1:

I did the pajamagram (pajamagram.com). The one with the pajamas in a hat box, lavender sachet, bath roses, etc.

She should get it delivered some time today.

I guess I'll see tonight if it was worth the $120. -wink -wink
458.gif

Suckas

All I had to do was go grocery shopping.

This day confounds me. It is more for singles and new couples than anything else.

I surprise my wife with gifts and such all year long. V-Day is so passe.

Agreed. Flowers are for you mom. Me and my girl are cooking dinner together. :chef:

Im broke and we both know it. lol

Well my wife's B-Day is Today also, She doesn't celebrate V-Day.... So you know I get Screwed Every year !!! Actually I don't and that's the problem !

I love her anyway .... she loves our two Jeeps as much as I do !!! :laugh:

Anyone got any suggestions?

olivedrabcj7 said:
Agreed. Flowers are for you mom. Me and my girl are cooking dinner together. :chef:

Im broke and we both know it. lol

Well, it isn't lobster....but I am whooping up some calazones for dinner tonight. Might even crack open that dusty old bottle of Chianti to go along with (or just stick with the Bud Light:roflmao: )

Fortunately my wife and I both agree that this is a "Hallmark Holiday," commercialized into the ground, with too much pressure on a perfect gift.

I'm with the gift "just because" crowd. The unexpected presents mean more, and the memory lasts longer.

Steve

Back