• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Faces of NACFest 2012

MrSimon

NAXJA Forum User
IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

I'm glad to see the event of trailer laying still happens when Colin and I aren't paired up doing it. Question is if the napping part still does...

ha I was gonna add this to the faces...

?????
nacfest30.jpg

I didnt take too many pics, most of our afternoon looked like this though...I think we set a record for quickest duplicate breakage, with (2) driver side axle u-joints in 5 mins...

kyle's broken junk
nacfest11.jpg

my junk
nacfest14.jpg

nacfest13.jpg

nacfest.jpg

a little wheeling

nacfest5.jpg

nacfest9.jpg

nacfest6.jpg

nacfest16.jpg

nacfest19.jpg

random gas station sighting
nacfest22.jpg

album http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/mrshaft696/NacFest 2012/?start=all

good trip, hope everyone made it back safe...

Last edited:
I finally got home about an hour and a half ago.

I decided this morning that pedal was softer than I thought, and that I wasn't as comfortable with the idea of driving it home that way as I was last night.

Fortunately, when I called up to the RC to get some suggestions, Melissa knew of a Sears Auto Center within my revised "operational radius" - up in Fracktown(Frackville?) at the Schukyil Mall, which was doing service today.

So, rather than limp home I ran up there and got both wheel cylinders (right one's bleeder did open, but it made sense to replace it too in case it had weakened over the years) and the blown hardline (which, I sincerely hope, is the last surviving original line on the truck, but I will get under there and check soon), and then drove home with all four brakes working normally. I gotta give the place credit - the cost wasn't too bad and they only took about two hours to do their brake system eval and the repairs, which included waiting for the parts delivery. The tech even saved the blocker plug Ken put into my splitter block in case I needed it again.

I even hit the coin-op by home and washed the mud off the truck so I don't get too dirty hauling my shiny new winch out of the back seat and into the garage where I can get the box open and extract the documentation for a little "light reading" tomorrow.

Once again, thanks to Rich (Rock2pus) for hauling my Jeep back to camp on his trailer, and to Ken (Kastein) for the blocker plug and the assist with getting it patched together well enough to get me to where I could get it sorted better for the ride home.

All in all, another good NACFest - my ninth, to even my own great surprise. I even enjoyed doing the safety/tech inspections - it felt good to finally have a way to lend a hand - and would be open to doing it again.

Busted Rusty's crossover steering, pulled the rod end out of the link:

IMG_0628.jpg

Sheep:
IMG_0639.jpg

Chili high centered on Crawler Ridge
IMG_0640.jpg

Thanks Sheep for peeing on my tire, it cursed it!

IMG_0647.jpg

Leave it to Jordan to take a picture of me looking like a homicidal maniac.

--Matt

oh so that was my tipping point :laugh:

Back