• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32s on stock rims

XJ99JEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I was wondering if I could put 32s on stock rims with no backspacing without rubbing. I’m pretty sure they’ll rub at full lock which is okay for now. I’m just wondering if it’ll rub the leaf springs or coils etc. I’m on a high school budget so if I have to I’ll buy rims with the correct backspacing so I don’t have to mount and balance twice. Thanks in advance.

What tire width ? Is the Jeep lifted or are you cutting sheet metal to fit 32's ? Most tire manufactures recommend a specific rim width for tires, and you really should only use narrower than recommended width rims if you are trial riding at low tire pressures. What are you going to do about installing new axle gears ?

Last edited:
That and all Jeep wheels are not created equally!

The tires are 32x11.5 I have a 15 inch rim that I’m pretty sure is 15x7. I have about a 4.5 inch lift. I just don’t know if I want to spend so much for new rims if I need things like the axle gear ratio. Lol

It wouldn't be "horrible" on 3.55's(if that's what you have), but you won't like it!

I’m running a 32 on a stock 16” rim. No problems

stock rims will hold them fine, but you may rub control arms tunring/ leafs ive had rub with kevlars, and pending flex it may be able to contact the front fenders.

Back