• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad news, Good news, Bad news, Bad news

chedisme

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Ok so the bad news is that I wont be able to make saturday at NAC fest.

The good news is that Im missing it to take the psych evaluation for my county sheriff department. and get one step closer to having a real job and starting my adult life.
Im still going to come down for Thursday and Friday and leave Friday evening.

the other bad news is that I didnt get my axles re-geared in time. the guy hasen't even touched my jeep in the 10 days hes had it. so Im still going to have to nascar my way through the rocks.

and the other bad news my jeep started leaking oil again after 2 weeks of it having stopped.

looking forward to seeing who ever plans on being there Thursday and Friday.

Wow, lots going on in your life.

Grats on the job! Thats great.

Bummer on the gears!

Awesome that we'll see you Thurs and Fri.

Bummer that we won't see you Saturday.

NASCAR on the rocks - HAHA - that is TOTALLY your style. It seems to work though.

Awesome on the job prospects!

Welcome back to the exxon valdez club... I found out a week ago that I was 4.5 quarts low again while picking up my spare-parts axle from Ryan... but it doesn't seem to be leaking out like it was before. Where is it going? Nobody knows for sure, not even the IRS, but I suspect it's going out the tailpipe.

OK, well at least you can hang with us for a few days. Bummer on the gears though. Maybe he can get to them by the time Rocktober-Fest rolls around...

yea it turns out the guy who was going to do them simply disappeared. he went to SC to pick up a truck, and never came back. he hasnt been to work in a week now.

this sheriff background investigation stuff they are having me do is a hell of a lot of stuff. I had to take today off from work just to get a good start on it.

and you think its hard enough to get people to take time out of there day to wright a reference. I have to get them to come to a notary with me.

not to mention these are the most confusing convoluted forms I have ever seen. one form asks me for my DOB and then 2 questions later it asks me again?!

and it all has to be done by saturday at 10am. and I just got the forms yesterday.

oh well hope this all works out. see you in a few days.

no no locker. I was thinking of just doing it my self tonite. I just got two riddler diff covers and could kill quite a few birds by opening up the front. but I have to see if ill have time.

yea it turns out the guy who was going to do them simply disappeared. he went to SC to pick up a truck, and never came back. he hasnt been to work in a week now.

this sheriff background investigation stuff they are having me do is a hell of a lot of stuff. I had to take today off from work just to get a good start on it.

and you think its hard enough to get people to take time out of there day to wright a reference. I have to get them to come to a notary with me.

not to mention these are the most confusing convoluted forms I have ever seen. one form asks me for my DOB and then 2 questions later it asks me again?!

and it all has to be done by saturday at 10am. and I just got the forms yesterday.

oh well hope this all works out. see you in a few days.

I hated filling out all those forms. I had about 3 days to get all my employers since I was 18 to fax stuff to them. Had to get everything notarized. Passed the drug test. Took the first of the psych exams (just the basic fill out 1million questions ones). I was there for about 8 hours without a break and then they decided that they weren't going to put a class through the academy for a while like a week later. Good luck with it all. It's a long process.
On another note sucks you won't be there for the raffle but more prizes for the rest of us. :firedevil

Ok so the bad news is that I wont be able to make saturday at NAC fest.

The good news is that Im missing it to take the psych evaluation for my county sheriff department. and get one step closer to having a real job and starting my adult life.
Im still going to come down for Thursday and Friday and leave Friday evening.

the other bad news is that I didnt get my axles re-geared in time. the guy hasen't even touched my jeep in the 10 days hes had it. so Im still going to have to nascar my way through the rocks.

and the other bad news my jeep started leaking oil again after 2 weeks of it having stopped.

looking forward to seeing who ever plans on being there Thursday and Friday.

Yay, adult life! Now you will have more responsibility than anyone wants/needs, what a feeling!
Hopefully you are still there Friday when I get there, but I doubt you'll be there at 7.
The garage had your jeep for 10 days unmolested...:huh:
You should contact the President about your oil leak. He is getting BP to pay for the other major oil leak, ummm could work!
Oh and by the way, I have spent some time with you, along with several others, and I am sure you'll do just fine on that psych exam...I mean after what I have witnessed it shouldn't be a problem! :rtm:
In all seriousness I wish you luck and maybe we will meet up in the late summer/early fall.

Lee

thanks for the support guys. I just got home from getting 2 more references.

I took a 3 hour break to work on my jeep. I tried to lengthen my radius arms but I went at it stupid and ended up running out of time and had to put the thing back together with out adjusting them.

hopefully I don't knock off my new flairs I just put on. Id be super pissed.
more pissed then if you held a magnet up to my TV.

thanks for the support guys. I just got home from getting 2 more references.

I took a 3 hour break to work on my jeep. I tried to lengthen my radius arms but I went at it stupid and ended up running out of time and had to put the thing back together with out adjusting them.

hopefully I don't knock off my new flairs I just put on. Id be super pissed.
more pissed then if you held a magnet up to my TV.
I've got the tools to fix that :looney: though I really won't be sad to see CRT displays go the way of the carburetor, LCDs/plasma are simply not affected by magnets.

Congrats on the solidifying job prospects, man - we're all pulling for you to get it.

Back