• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to suit up to pressure wash a dang horse stall?

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm about to clean and paint a bunch of horse stalls and I got this big old 4200 psi pressure washer to start cleaning them out with. I'd rather not get many years worth of who knows what splashing back in my eyes etc so I'm wondering what kind of face protection is best for this kind of job.

I'd like use a whole face respirator w/ cartridges to keep everything covered but I'm thinking I'd be continually wiping the face shield off b/c of the splash back. What's my best option for some face protection here?

Look for an adjustable angle (0-90*) adapter for the end of your wand, they can make all the difference in the world. They have them at Home Depot that fit modern fittings. You mentioned using an older unit so you may be out of luck.
:dunno:

As far as face protection I'd just go with a regular full face shield, and keep my mouth shut.

Back