NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > SoCal Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SoCal Chapter The SoCal Chapter covers Southern California and Arizona. Please post local topics here.

Old January 17th, 2005, 21:38
NAXJA Member #715

DV pre-run this weekend

I know it's a little short notice, but Mike and I are going to head up to Death Valley for a pre-run this weekend (fri-sat-sun) to see how the roads held up in the rain. We will be in Baker, Friday by 8am, and leaving about 8:30 from the Unocal 76 gas station. We're going to do the trip that's planned for the DV trip the begining of Feb. (It's one of the sticky threads up at the top)

Channel 4.

Let me know if you'd like to come and I'll pm you my cell phone #. Hope a few can make it!

-Marisha
wolfheartak@yahoo.com
Old January 17th, 2005, 22:10
NAXJA Member #1377

Re: DV pre-run this weekend

i would love to go but a little to short notice let Mike know i appreciate the help at the BBQ
Old January 24th, 2005, 15:42
NAXJA Forum User

How'd it go? Any changes to the posted itinerary?
Old January 24th, 2005, 23:42
NAXJA Forum User

Possibly a few. Some things may change between the pre-run and the official run. Currently the west side road is closed but should be open in time I'd guess so we will see. The Saline Valley north pass is closed and I don't see that it will change in time but we have it worked out. There are some people who went to the warm springs before the holidays and haven't been able to drive out due to their 2wd vehicles and the snow/mud on the south pass. There was even a PT Cruiser down there with 17" chrome wheels. Some of the washouts will get your attention if you are driving over a few mph. Here's what happened to me. The first day I snapped a rear shock mounting bolt. On the third (last) day a rock flew up and took out my rear brake hose. Good thing I had those Vise-Grips to get me home.