• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Product recommendation: Good or Bad???

Pietro

NAXJA Forum User
During my buildup, I found that some parts and manufacturers are better than others. Lets start with the good ones and work down to the bad ones.
Rubicon Express 4.5" superflex lift: awesome service, good products, stiff rear springs and soft front ones that dont like winches and bull bars.
ARB bull bar: absolutely bulletproof (had headon collision, I won) clean install, but very heavy (Rustys sells em' for around $550 i think)
Mile Marker 9k winch: pulls hard but incredibly slow, cheap remote and solenoid box, flimsy control lever
JB Conversions SYE kit: great instructions, rear seal (that has two springs and is heavy duty) still seaps from day one
33x12.5x15 Swamper Trxus tires: very heavy construction, take a beating offroad (even though they are made in mexico) and are surprisingly VERY good in light snow and ice (not as good as bfg all terrains but still acceptable for knobby mud tire)
Custom 4x4 Fabrication 2x4 rock sliders: one of the best made products I purchased, inexpensive, very tough, good finish, easy install
Kargo Master steel rack: absolute garbage!!!, flimsy mounts, flimsy construction, poor finish, ordered through Quadratec who lost my order to Kargomaster because they ship from the manufacturer (they did compensate me for my wait though) recommend pay more for a good conferr and arb or make one yourself

Last edited:
You're kidding, right?

Not trying to be negative, but all you're going to get are a bunch of opinions, and potentially arguments, and it's a recipe for thrashing vendors......something that we try to stay away from around here. Nothing wrong with posting a bad experience, but this is asking for it.

i dont want to start an argument here with anyone. i wish that more people would post there bad experiences here. for instance, i built a samurai a few years ago. i had a manufacturer screw up my orders after i spent 3 grand with him. i wish someone told me that his service sucked before hand. I wish someone would have told me that kargo master roof racks are the biggest rip off in the world. I'll say that again. buy kargo master, shoot yourself in the head.

Pietro said:
During my buildup, I found that some parts and manufacturers are better than others. Lets start with the good ones and work down to the bad ones.
Rubicon Express 4.5" superflex lift: awesome service, good products, stiff rear springs and soft front ones that dont like winches and bull bars.
ARB bull bar: absolutely bulletproof (had headon collision, I won) clean install, but very heavy (Rustys sells em' for around $550 i think)
Mile Marker 9k winch: pulls hard but incredibly slow, cheap remote and solenoid box, flimsy control lever
JB Conversions SYE kit: great instructions, rear seal (that has two springs and is heavy duty) still seaps from day one
33x12.5x15 Swamper Trxus tires: very heavy construction, take a beating offroad (even though they are made in mexico) and are surprisingly VERY good in light snow and ice (not as good as bfg all terrains but still acceptable for knobby mud tire)
Custom 4x4 Fabrication 2x4 rock sliders: one of the best made products I purchased, inexpensive, very tough, good finish, easy install
Kargo Master steel rack: absolute garbage!!!, flimsy mounts, flimsy construction, poor finish, ordered through Quadratec who lost my order to Kargomaster because they ship from the manufacturer (they did compensate me for my wait though) recommend pay more for a good conferr and arb or make one yourself

what is the point of this post? if your wanting people to critisize te products they have used i dont think thats a good idea there would be to many arguments.

I don't understand everyone saying they don't understand this guys post!!! It's clear that he's simply stating his opinions (both good and bad) on the products and companies that he as recently had experience with.

I thank him for his post, and intend to balance his opinions with everyone eles that are posted so that I can make a more informed buy in the future should I choose to consider any of the products he commented on.

thankyou, i am not out to slander anyone, just want a post were people can list good and bad things about there lift, or tires, or whatever

KILL KARGOMASTER, KILL KARGOMASTER, repeat after me

I've often thought that we should have a seperate category in the forums just for vendor/product ratings. My local jeep club's website has just that and is a great place to easily look up something before you buy.

Then people could post threads with the title indicating what product or company they where giving info on.

I think some simple rules that would help keep that type forum usefull and not full of crap would be:
- only post on items you have first hand experience with
- feel free to post your opinion, if it differs from others just state it - no need to insult the other posts
- state whether items are opininos or facts (i.e. you could state an opinion "i got ripped off" and people will take it as such, but if you have more factual info like "i bought this thinking it was a good price for xx dollars then found it at xyz and abc for only xx dollars later" people will get more out of your info)

just my $0.02 - what do you forum moderators think?

here's the AZ Virtual Jeep club's implementation:
http://www.azvjc.org/oldsite/Reports/Default.asp

Last edited:
This thread needs to be in the "non-tech/OT" forum.

Back