• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MSVConey4Sept2011

RangerRick

NAXJA Forum User
10 Jeeps showed for the run. We took Bunce School Rd. to camp Dick. Dutch had to replace a u-joint at the trail head. Barby jeeps are fickled that way. We passed the Coney creek turn off and stop for lunch at the turn around just short of the river.

The trail up to Coney was slow going do to the on coming traffic. Four of the 4wheelers coming down, had been helping fix or retrieve a big Blaser. One of the fellows had said it broken the steering shaft off of the power steering box.

More to come.

Had to bug out early in an attempt to get home in time for the Rancid/Blink-182 concert. Unfortunately a wreck sort of put a snag in that. I got here in time for Rancid though so I only missed out on the locals. Right now faggot arse My Chemical Romance is playing, lame.

Hope you guys had a good time, I know I did.

Ask Troy about how that U-Joint was. It started complaining about 5 trails ago and I kept putting it off. When it was clanking and vibrating with my t-case in RWD only on Bunce I figured it was best to change it out on pavement rather than in the dirt.

Definitely awesome to finally get out on a trail again with friends....... And with a rig that stayed running..... :D

Things learned:
-My CB sucks
-Dutch is particularly abusive to his u-joints
-Wheeling on a holiday weekend reminds you that we live every day surrounded by idiots
-With that said.... Apparently when someone's kid gets stung by a bee near a crowd of people and daddy hears that some laughed at her.... It had to be the jeep guys..... :rolleyes:
-And with that said.... Bee stung girl's daddy turned coward when a "State Trooper sized" jeep guy stood up and issued a verbal challenge to said allegation..... :D
-Running Bilstein shocks kills your gas mileage
-Gotta love seeing an old guy still wheeling an old-school '60's STOCK CJ
-Kinda hard to trust a spotter who can't walk a trail without wiping himself out
-It's hard to NOT be concerned about crossing a pond when folks are hanging around it sitting in lawn chairs drinking beer
-Jim's WJ makes me want one
-Nederland looks like a cool little town that I should check out - on purpose - sometime.
-Beadlocks and mud don't play well together at highway speed

Last edited:
I also can't take photos while driving ,Had lots of fun and didn't break nothing , but thought i did , i need alignment work. I love my W(XJ)J it worked good My trip computer said i got 19 mpg average it was a long day, there was a wreck on hwy 7 and for some strange reason i passed the cop who sent me on the detour 3 time ,i also passes Yella going the wrong way he must have been lost, i am gonna run for rig of the month

Yeah, I'm lazy and don't take pictures. Hopefully that Hott blonde will post some of her...... I mean the pics she took :D ....... up.

You guys finally run a trail up in my neck of the woods and I have a bum Detroit that keeps me home. Sounds like everybody had fun. How high were the creek crossings?

Not bad at all. Even the big water crossing wasn't deep enough to reach my rockers.

I've crossed the creek when the water came in the doors on my rig.

I've bashed through it when there was a good inch of ice covering the entire thing, now that was fun!!!!

I wish I could have made it. By the time I got home from work sunday morning, I had only had 2.5 hours of sleep in the past 43 hours. I didnt think wheeling would have been a good idea...

Said hot blonde...ahem...aka...my wife... took some pics, but the trail leader was on a blistering pace so it didn't make it easy to get pics of the guys in the back. I'll get her to upload them and I'll post soon.

And Troy if I'm not mistaken, two of your "things learned" are references to me. I feel special now I made your list. :D

Said hot blonde...ahem...aka...my wife... took some pics, but the trail leader was on a blistering pace so it didn't make it easy to get pics of the guys in the back. I'll get her to upload them and I'll post soon.

And Troy if I'm not mistaken, two of your "things learned" are references to me. I feel special now I made your list. :D

Cam! Where have you been hiding yourself?

Back