• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1987 XJ Lifted/Well Built

BruceB83

NAXJA Forum User
It's time for her to go to a new home. I'm selling my XJ because I just don't use it for what I built it for anymore and I'm moving to something a little more "tame" because of that.

1987 Jeep Cherokee Laredo / 4DR / 4WD / 26X,000 Miles (Don't let this scare you, read on) / Med. Blue with lower half painted in black bedliner

The Good:
-2001 Tan full interior in great shape (front & rear seats and carpet and center console)
-4.5" Lift (RE front coils, homebrew rear spring pack that rides nice)
-Fixed LCA
-RE Adjustable TB
-31x10.50 Tread Wright Goodyear MT/R pattern on 15x8 black steelies w/spare
-V8 ZJ Tie Rod with new ends (Solid stock compared to hollow)
-HP D30 (4:10 gears, Powertrax locker, new seals, 95+ shaft conversion with new Spicer 5-760X u-joints, new hubs & brakes, SOLID diff cover)
-Ford 8.8 Rear Axle (4:10 gears, LSD, Disc brakes)
-NP 231 TC w/ AA SYE Kit (Roughly 50K on TC since rebuild)
-Rigid Front Winch Bumper w/ XRC8 Winch - http://www.rigidco.com/FbW.htm
-Custom 1/4" Rear Bumper (No hack job here, made from CNC-cut parts)
-Custom 1/4" Rock Slides
-Appalachian Armor TC Skid
-Semi-custom Roof Rack w/Hi-lift Jack and 2 50W rear lights
-New Duralast Gold Battery & underhood accessory power/fuse management box (all you have to do to add an accessory is mount and run the power to the box)
-Top end of engine has been rebuilt and has about 60K miles on it
-Upgraded coolant tank with REAL metal cap
-Other misc items that have been recently replaced: water pump, all coolant hoses, 3-core radiator and harmonic balancer
-Have brand new transmission cooler to go along with the Jeep

The Bad:
-Engine oil seaping through front seal (I believe) but not too bad
-Power steering pump will need to be replaced soon, it's starting to whine
-The blue paint is not that bad except for the hood which is faded
-Frickin headliner is starting to sag...AGAIN

Here's the overall scoop guys. I bought this Jeep almost 4 years ago from a friend to start building it up and using it as a 2nd vehicle/toy. After buying it I realized how great it ran and how short my commute was so it didn't make sense for me to carry a car payment and I sold my WRX. As I said, don't let the mileage scare you, I've been daily driving this thing ever since I bought it as well as frequent camping trips and MANY trips up to Boone, NC for skiing. I wouldn't hesitate driving it anywhere. No problems from the engine or transmission which still shifts perfectly fine. This could be used as a daily driver (if you're tolerant to lifted vehicles) or a trail rig that doesn't have to be brought in on a trailer. It's ready for 33s or 35s if you wish it to be bigger, but it's built for it.

I'm not in a need-to-sell position so I'm not going to give it away. It's about to get parked as soon as I buy something else. As far as price, I think $2,800 is fair and will not entertain any offers unless you come look at it. We can talk more about that in person. I can sell all the main parts for $2,300 easy so I think $500 is well worth a daily drivable Jeep with all the other parts I'm not considering there.

Any questions, just ask! You can call me at (678) 249-5224 or e-mail me at [email protected].

I will post pictures tonight, I wanted to get the ad typed up for now.

Last edited:
It's a shame Bruce, I hope she goes to a good home. You have good timing though, they just closed the trail-head at Moses Creek. I Don't know how to access some of the other entrances just yet.

Ok here's a few pictures with a link to more.

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

Link to more >>> http://picasaweb.google.com/108629239789283904456/Jeep?feat=directlink

Also, I forgot to mention a few things. It's an auto (if you can't see in the pic) and it does not have power windows/locks despite it being a Laredo model. Guess it was an odd one off the assembly line. The front window has a crack about 3" from the bottom running almost the length of the window but it's already ended at the bottom of the window on both sides, it doesn't impede vision at all. As you can see above, the fenders are cut and the bedliner has come off a little here and there around the cut line where I didn't prep it right...easy fix. I think I've covered the majority of it.

Last edited:
Back