• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTS/WTT 1990 XJ trail rig

NCSUcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I parked this rig a few years ago, saying I was going to do something with it but i never do, so its time for it to go. The main reason i am posting it here is that i would like to trade it for a stock (or closer to stock) XJ that i can use for grocery gettin'.

Specs:
-1990 XJ limited body - 156K on the odo - but its not correct
-4.0 out of a 92
-Original Aw4, rebuilt when the odo said 138K
-242 TC with SYE and custom driveshaft
-HP30 front. 4.56 gears. Full Detroit, OTK HD steering and tracbar
-XJD44 rear. 4.56 gears. Currently open diff but have the minispool that used to be in it.
-Rusty's 6.5" springs front and rear
-Rubicon Express longarms
-Clayton crossmember
-Bilstien 5150 front shocks
-Braided stainless brakelines
-extended bumpstops
-35x12.50x15 Pro Comp X-Terrains on 15x8 cragar soft 8s
-Custom 4x4 fab front bumper

Spare parts that you also get with it:
-AW4 from the 92 that the engine came from
-Spare shafts for the rear 44
-Spare stub shafts for the 30
-Spare DOM steering links
-Spare front driveshaft

Problems you also get with it:
-No rear shocks
-The brakes are non-existant. This makes it undriveable on the road. I recently replaced the master cylinder which had gone bad, but it didnt completely fix the problem.
-It had a factory sunroof that leaked, basically destroying the interior. The carpet is already gone and the inside coated with rhinoliner, the seats are leather so they were ok, but the headliner is starting to mold nicely. If i get around to it I will do the cleanup work, but for now it doesnt look too pretty inside.

DSCF0650.jpg

Price is $2000 obo, but would trade for a stocker. The winch is not included in that price. If you have something worth more i can add cash.

Jeep is currently located in Lancaster SC

Last edited:
I guess i should clarify what i mean by stocker:

- no more than 3 inches of lift, mechanically sound drivetrain, good life left in the tires, if anything needs repairing, it has to be a simple fix. Nothing that could be described as a "project"

Condition of the body is not all that important; cut fenders are no problem. I would even perfer something newer/less miles with wavy sheetmetal.

Manual transmission gets big bonus points

I guess i should clarify what i mean by stocker:

- no more than 3 inches of lift, mechanically sound drivetrain, good life left in the tires, if anything needs repairing, it has to be a simple fix. Nothing that could be described as a "project"

Condition of the body is not all that important; cut fenders are no problem. I would even perfer something newer/less miles with wavy sheetmetal.

Manual transmission gets big bonus points

That would be mine. But not manual transmission. All mine needs is driver side motor mount and temp sending unit.

wanna sell your bumper?

I do, but id like to sell the rest of the truck with it. I dont have the time or space to part it out myself.

Forgot to mention that it has been converted to open cooling with a dual core radiator and a 3 fan electric setup.

If anyone wants to see pictures of something specific let me know.

PM sent.

Back