• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some info

jwalter04

NAXJA Forum User
Just put on a Rancho add-a-leaf on my 99. Going to try and shim due to vibes. My u-bolts are out of thread. Any idea what the stock U-bolt size was so I can figure out what new ones to get? Anyone know what size u-bolt I should get to compensate for the add-a-leaf and the shims?

dont know how long the oem ones are but just take one with you and buy longer ones...

you also need to know what rear end you have b/c the D35 and the C8.25 are different sizes. Just get one that is an inch longer and it should cover your AAL.

I have an 8.25. An inch longer sounds about right, but short of taking a stock u-bolt back off, I don't know what size they are. Height width thickness, thread, etc. Thats what I was looking for.

I believe the 8.25 is a 3" diameter axle tube, so you would need to get u-bolts that have at least a 3" spread. I think the d35 is something like a 2.75" axle tube. Those numbers are rough estimates, you just need to get out a tape measure and double check.

just measure your ubolts from the top center of the nuts. an aal should fit with your stock ones, mine did. but with them shims i would definetly listen to the other guys and go atleast 1 inch longer. just dont waste money on the universal ones. get the right width.

Back