• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual Picnic, Fiesta Island San Diego, Sat 8/13

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Jeep Picnic Saturday August 13th, Mission Bay (San Diego)
The SoCalXJ group has a picnic every year down on Fiesta Island in San Diego, and it's been a merged event with for years.

I am NOT going down at 6am to try to hold a stretch of sand for everyone this year (like I usually do) unless someone else volunteers to be there as well. But I'll get there fairly early. There's a lot of flat hardpacked sand area to park on.

Saturday August 13th, anytime b/w 6am & 10pm :::

West shore of Fiesta Island, where the "shortcut" comes across from the east side... roughly "1500 Fiesta Island Rd, San Diego 92109", coordinates 32.78025 -117.222500 aka 32*46'48.9"N 117*32'21.0"W

Bring your rig if you want, or whatever gets you there!!

Bring your own food & beverages; if you're so inclined, bring something to share (hopefully most of us will be vaccinated by then, as I have been).

No glass or alcohol allowed on the beach per SDPD rules, but people do get creative sometimes. Just don't get visibly stupid

Bring chairs, shade, water toys, beach toys, firewood, well behaved dogs (Fiesta Island is an OFFLEASH beach, though there's also a dog park just south of where we hang out).

You can launch watercraft from the sand on Fiesta Island

Be courteous--give space to those wanting to wear masks. I don't tend to wear one at the beach when there's room around me. But I'm happy to put one on to talk to those who do, and I'm back to hugging those who are comfortable doing so. There's plenty of space to spread out and should be room to sit around and socialize.

Mark your calendars now, it's always a good time!!

If you get lost or can't find us for some reason, I can be reached at six19 six 5 4 nine 7 five 8.

Also for those new to Fiesta Island or who have forgotten, the perimeter road is pretty flat and is great for biking, walking, running, skating/blading, etc...

You all should get off your lazy butts and come down here ASAP. There is some other kind of event going between the fenced in dog area and where we normally hang out. It's filling up quick.

I am here, Arna will be here shortly in her red Travago mini/van motorhome. Look for a slightly battered gray Hyundai Elantra with a darker gray rear drivers door. I am just past a beige motorhome and before a somewhat nicer white Pace Arrow with a pop out

I am not putting anything out to try to save a stretch of beach this year.

Back