• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saddle up trail party

Mnkyboy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's time to check out our adopted trail "Saddle up" at TSF. We will be doing some clean up/repairs and assessing what other repairs or changes need to happen.

This will also be our March meet and greet,I am planning to bring a grill up so we can Bbq and hang out.

Hope to see a good turn out,there has been some accidents up there recently resulting in damages from vehicle recovery so there should be a lot to do.

Last edited:
Re: Saddle up trail party and March M&G.

I was up a few weeks back and did fine on most of the roads and powerlines, biggest issue was all the downed trees. Recent reports have parts of TSF clear some still with snow.

Re: Saddle up trail party and March M&G.

I've been watching it but it's not sounding good.

Pistons Wild did a work party up there yesterday but i haven't seen any posts about the conditions,they also were working University Firepower which likley had less snow than Saddle up.

I'm going to have to call it pretty soon,maybe we can throw together a normal meet and greet instead.

I was up there this weekend with Jolly Jeepers. The trail sure has changed since its opening. The upper section has a very challenging left turn then up hill very big holes and very big rocks. There is a bypass that has been started off trail but it doesn't get you out of trouble. Sorry I didn't get pictures. Going down hill is definitely the easier way. The upper part needs filters with that one section.

From Jahmaal.

I haven't been up there to evaluate the trail in a little bit but here are a few standard items that usually need attention.
- Blocking of illegal bypasses (I know that there is a section that has been becoming rather difficult and has resulted in a user created bypass. Leave that bypass open until we can create a solution to the difficult section)
-block illegal bypass around trail filter at west end onto spur if it is still being used
-block any other illegal bypass if any
-evaluate and identify any trail issues that may present challenges in the future (winter)
-trash pickup
-identify sign replacement needs if any
-report trail condition and volunteer hours

I will run though the Saddle Up trail this weekend and let you know if I identify any other issues to address. Thank you.

Back