• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Track Bar -- Tie Rod End #?

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Frame end of my Rusty's adjustable track bar is shot. I have the standard duty version with a tie rod end at the frame. Does anyone remember the number of the tie rod end that replaces that piece?

Thanks.

The Rusty's replacement TRE is ES140R!!

RCP Phx is right if Rusty hasn't changed his design. The ES140 is an 11/16 thread (don't remember the pitch). I believe the taper is the same as the Dodge ends below.

Eagle if the OD of the trackbar is 1" I bet it is the 140 end. Even Rusty told me not to bore it for a 3/4 thread joint.

Lincoln said:
RCP Phx is right if Rusty hasn't changed his design. The ES140 is an 11/16 thread (don't remember the pitch). I believe the taper is the same as the Dodge ends below.

Eagle if the OD of the trackbar is 1" I bet it is the 140 end. Even Rusty told me not to bore it for a 3/4 thread joint.

That sucks, now I have to buy a new tap. I already have a 3/4-16 and I need to shorten Rusty's HD TB. I relocated the axle end for OTK steering.

Does anyone know what the ID of his TB is? Could I just retap it without drilling it out first? The plan is to cut it on the mount end since that is a straight piece.

Well, to resolve the conflict I called Rusty Friday morning. ES140R it is

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm looking forward to driving in one lane at a time again very soon :scared:

Eagle said:
Well, to resolve the conflict I called Rusty Friday morning. ES140R it is

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm looking forward to driving in one lane at a time again very soon :scared:

Why it doesn't surprise me to hear that your TRE went south on Rusty's track bar??

Oh well, I am sure you know the answer!

Take care friend.
-------
John SV1CEC

SV1CEC said:
Why it doesn't surprise me to hear that your TRE went south on Rusty's track bar??

Oh well, I am sure you know the answer!

Take care friend.
-------
John SV1CEC

John I like you and all, but I had the TRE on my Rusty's Trackbar and didn't have one issue with it. I know you have had multiple situations with Rusty's stuff and I feel for you. With any modifidied vechle, you have to expect that something is just not going to be as it was originally built.

The thing is I don't know how long Eagle has had his Rusty's TB. He isn't complaining and all he is doing is just asking for a part number. Not a question of Rusty's quality.

Sorry if it seems like I coming down on you. I know you live in Greece and shipping parts can be unbearable as well as just trying to get someone on the phone to help you out. I hope the other stuff you have purchased from the Sates has help your XJ out.

Regards,

ChuckD

ChuckD said:
John I like you and all, but I had the TRE on my Rusty's Trackbar and didn't have one issue with it. I know you have had multiple situations with Rusty's stuff and I feel for you. With any modifidied vechle, you have to expect that something is just not going to be as it was originally built.

The thing is I don't know how long Eagle has had his Rusty's TB. He isn't complaining and all he is doing is just asking for a part number. Not a question of Rusty's quality.

Sorry if it seems like I coming down on you. I know you live in Greece and shipping parts can be unbearable as well as just trying to get someone on the phone to help you out. I hope the other stuff you have purchased from the Sates has help your XJ out.

Regards,

ChuckD

Hi ChuckD,

I know your feelings, and of course you are right. Eagle didn't complain, and we obviously do not know how long he had Rusty's track bar.

My comment above, was written, because Eagle is my ... parts supplier from US and my XJ guru (dare I say), so he is well aware of all my problems, some times he learns about them before my local mechanic.

I reckon that my comment was out of line, and I apologize for it, somehow when I wrote it, I mixed up a public forum for a private conversation, I guess the fact that I didn't had enough caffeine in my system was the culprit.

Rgds
---------
John SV1CEC

SV1CEC said:
Hi ChuckD,

I know your feelings, and of course you are right. Eagle didn't complain, and we obviously do not know how long he had Rusty's track bar.

My comment above, was written, because Eagle is my ... parts supplier from US and my XJ guru (dare I say), so he is well aware of all my problems, some times he learns about them before my local mechanic.

I reckon that my comment was out of line, and I apologize for it, somehow when I wrote it, I mixed up a public forum for a private conversation, I guess the fact that I didn't had enough caffeine in my system was the culprit.

Rgds
---------
John SV1CEC

No problem, I may have been in just one those moods myself. I know the jurry is still out on this. Eagle PM'd me with details and I truely understand his concerns and yours. :)

Back