• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dome lights dont come on when doors open but do when hatch is open

or it's like mine and doesn't have one.

Just go down to your local parts store and order up a new door pin stricker switch. They install in less than 2 minutes.

IIRC the rear doors do not have the pin for the lights, but the fronts do. So, I would check connections on current ones, and replace if necessary.

The dome lights don't come on if any of the doors are opened only the hatch....

yeah, which is why he told you to go get the door switches.

the dome light has 12V at all times, it's switched at the doors with a momentary switch to ground.

It's lkly all nasty because i'ts 20 years old. Buy new switches, clean up the area they ground to and your dome light will work.

Seems I've got the opposite problem, 'cos until now i didn't realise the light was swtched by the tailgate!

Where's the missing/damaged/defective switch (supposed to be) located -& what does it look like?

Seems I've got the opposite problem, 'cos until now i didn't realise the light was swtched by the tailgate!

Where's the missing/damaged/defective switch (supposed to be) located -& what does it look like?

in the door area, looks like a little push button. Might be rusted in the down position.

Pull it out, might be held in with one screw. Clean up the area that it grounds to, install new switch (they're cheap, look in the Dorman section at te parts store) and chances are the dome light works again. We already know it's getting voltage becase the hatch switch works.

Back