• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

classic 1982 amc wagoneer f/s

jstone8952

NAXJA Forum User
not mine- posting for a friend
thanks

Classic 1982 AMC Jeep Wagoneer F/S

Well, we're looking to downsize a bit and don't really have the space for a truck so the time has come to sell the beast. Here's the low-down:

1982 AMC Jeep Wagoneer
-4x4, 727a automatic transmission
-Dana 44 axles front and rear
-360 cu in V8

What it's got/what I've done:
-power everything (locks, windows, rear window)
-leather (not pleather)
-typical Jeep heat that is capable of melting flesh
-ice cold A/C, will freeze your future children
-brand new Kenwood head unit
-CD, MP3, iPod, HD ready, USB port on face plate, remote, awesome little unit
-Classic Grant real wood steering wheel w/custom AMC Jeep horn button (original leather unit included)
-2 month old Flowmaster exhaust, stainless 3" '03 Cobra exhaust tip
-K&N Xtreem Flow air cleaner, original included
-new Holley 2150 carburetor, fuel filter and sending unit/sock (old sending unit was inaccurate)
-new radiator, H2O pump is less than 2 years old
-new battery
-altrinator is 1 year old
-new cap, rotor, plug wires and plugs - all OEM Mopar
-new ignition module (OEM Motorcraft)
-new tie rods, ball joints, pitman arm joint and tie arms
-new Rancho steering stabilizer
-new front brakes
-new galvanized rear window tracks/felts, window operates smoothly
-new front driver's and passenger's side window lifts, new lock gromets (these often go MIA for some reason)
-new gauge cluster w/custom blue LED lights to match head unit
-new speedometer cable
-all new lights/lenses/bulbs on all corners from teamgrandwagoneer.com
-LED tail light bulb retrofit (actual LED panels, not cheesy bulbs)
-1973 grille retrofit, Sylvania SilverStar lights
-new motor mounts and transmission mounts

I probably left some stuff out, it's been fun with this thing thus far. The power that this Jeep has is amazing, it has a plethora of torque and really gets up and goes. Even at 168k, it doesn't smoke, rattle or knock. Compression was about 140psi across the board (+/- 1-2 psi) if I recall correctly. The ride is actually pretty decent considering this is a real truck with real axles and leaf springs on all 4 corners.

About the only things I could find that it needs is some vacuum lines to the front axle (they fell apart in my hands while I was doing the motor mounts) and some new u-joints on the drive shaft. It has the typical 727 clunk into reverse, so that may help it a bit.

This truck has always been anal-retentively maintained and has been garage kept since at least 1991. We're only the third owners, second within the family and always make it a point to be on top of everything with this Jeep. We love it to death but don't have a place to put it anymore. We hope it goes to a good home for sure.

$3,000 O.B.O. No trades unless you've got a mint automatic S13 or S14 to offer.

Pics:

frontgb6.jpg

frontclosepf8.jpg

rearkp8.jpg

interior1ng4.jpg

interior2dv8.jpg

motoril2.jpg

carbdn9.jpg

Back