• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for an aw4

R_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
for a 98 4.0 4x4 np231. im in the chattanooga area. im willing to drive 250-350 miles in my focus to get one. the b!tch needs to be in good shape though. prefer first hand knowledge of said transmission. p.o.'s neglected the fluids and filter on the jeep i now own. fluid looked like 10,000 mile motor oil! and it has been slipping and i would much rather find a replacement.

aw4 thats the auto right? i have a automatic trans still attached to a pulled motor. its from a 97, send a pm my way

there is a 23 spline tranny for sale somewhere on nc4x4. all of mine are 21 spline. but if you can swap out the output shaft from yours to the one i have its 150.00 if you want it.

i would much rather find a replacement.
iff you need some help with this, once you find another one, let me know and i'd be glad to help ya out...

sure no problem. you messed up part is we start automatic tranmission rebuilding after spring break, which is this week.

well, maybe you'll want to rebuild it after your classes. may be cheaper, idk.

i hear ya. i fully understand the importance of proper diagnosis. yeah dan, i think im going to use this tranny to learn on and if all goes well , rebuild the mother.

cool cool... well let me know when you take it out/rebuild it. i'm curious to what the inards look like...

Back