• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

performance ecu programming

its an xj thing

NAXJA Forum User
so i know that all of you will think "oh no another guy trying to find out if he can reprogram his ecu"

but i found this interesting and thought i would share it with my NAXJA family.

http://www.customefis.com/JEEPMPFI.html

ive only owned a xj for a year and so im not a newbie but i dont know everything yet. but i have never seen this done before. thought all of you would find it interesting

c ya
matt
:flipoff:

some more info on this:

so i emailed the guy and he told me that he could convert the system over to a programmable ecu but he would have to change the ecu, put in his wiring harness and a new distributor to accept the system. he quoted a little over 1000 dollars. dont know if its worth the money to do it. maybe someone would enlighten me on how worth it this is.

thanks guys,

matt

Are you running a carburetor? Cause i think this is only to convert to a Electronic fuel injection system, making the ECU reprogrammable to run a fuel injection program.

no i emailed the guy and he said that he can change out the old computer with this one he made. sounds kinda interesting. its completely programmable and is able to be monitored with a computer. i just dont know if it is worth the money to do this or not. he quoted a little more than a grand to make it and send it to me. if anyone else is interested send him an email. he is very nice and helpful. and has answered all my questions within a couple of hours.

Back