• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wtb A/C lines, condenser

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
Just as the title says, I'm looking for good a/c lines. Putting my a/c back in so I need them all. My Jeep is a Renix era 89' auto I6. Anyone have a good condenser as well(the piece in front of the radiator) Let me know what yall got.
Thank you
Jay

We just pulled one today that I think is for sale.

For new hoses go see my buddy at Dixie Auto Air, 6529 Dixie Drive, off Telephone Rd (713)-644-7235. Got all my new hoses installed onto my old steel tubing / fittings. They reused my old tubing & fittings. Only cost me about $40. Been using these guys for auto AC parts and hoses for nearly 30 years. He stocks the filter dryer too. Be sure and replace it too, and add about 6-8 oz new oil!!!!!!
Are you switching, or switched to R-134a?

I can get the new lines from the compressor warehouse for 40 apiece also, but I need old ones for them to make new ones, they need templates I guess. The drier i am going to get from work. No I am not switching to 134, I have the license to be able to by the r12. I will get that from work as well..

That was $40 total, not each. In fact I think was about $35, but I don't recall exactly.

Why not use your own set for the template?

What kind of work, AC work do you all do?

That was $40 total, not each. In fact I think was about $35, but I don't recall exactly.

Why not use your own set for the template?

What kind of work, AC work do you all do?

I am the assistant manager at O'reilly auto parts, so I do not have access to make them myself. I do not have an old set for anyone to use as a template, or to reuse the old ends

I'll have to give them a call anyways to see what they can do for me.

I have someone with a a/c line press. So... I still needs lines and a condenser. I do not care if the lines are bad as I will be using the fittings only, but need the whole line to know what goes where.

please do not make me go to the junk yard its too dam hot to be in the j/y right now. I'm a yankee so this humid heat kills me.

i have all of it still intact PM me if you need this still

If what you have is off a Renix year, he might be better off with what you have, as the set I pulled is all R-134a I think, off of a 92, and I think the routing changed too. I think 92 is the year they switched to R-134a?

I am planning to check and compare my 87 to the 92 we pulled, as I switched to R-134a already, and hear the old R-12 condenser I have is part of my problem (overheating, AC condenser needs to have more area for R-134a than R-12 needs).

i have all of it still intact PM me if you need this still

Eflores.. give me a call tomorrow either on my cell(leave me a message if i do not pick up so i now who it was) or call my work. I open the store tomorrow so I will be there about 7:30 to around 3 or so. thank you
Jay
cell 1-603-300-0621
work 1-281-444-8881

mines all renix and you are right the 134 stuff is different routing

I looked at the 92 condenser, and plumbing, and it looks the same as my 87 and 89. The condenser part number is different between 87 and 92, but they look the same. The 87 is Modine #89???490 on mine, and the 92 is Modine #55035771. I am guessing this one was still R-12, upgraded to R-134a.

I am getting ready to order a 97 XJ condenser for my 87. Seems the 97 is a parallel flow, 35% more efficient, designed for R-134a, whereas the older ones are serpentine flow, less efficient, but OK R-12. Both have just about the same dimensions, if not exactly the same. Seems I can get a new one for about $120. Still shopping it right now. I will need to deal with the fitting mismatch, but Dixie auto air can handle that part for me.

I am hoping it will bring my AC pressures back down, and my coolant temps back down. If it works, I am going have several R-12 used condenser spares by winter.

Back