NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > Vendor's Marketplace > Vendor's Specials
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Old December 5th, 2017, 17:00
NAXJA Forum User

Re: ***New Product Announcement*** IRON ROCK OFF ROAD 3 LINK!

I ordered my 3 link from IRO during the Black Friday sale. If you want the 1/2" bolt option, just call them and order the 1/2" flex joint. That's what I did, and all you need to do is drill out the UCA to 1/2". Hopefully the whole kit is supposed to ship this week, can't wait for it to get here!
Old December 5th, 2017, 17:16
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCat63 View Post
I ordered my 3 link from IRO during the Black Friday sale. If you want the 1/2" bolt option, just call them and order the 1/2" flex joint. That's what I did, and all you need to do is drill out the UCA to 1/2". Hopefully the whole kit is supposed to ship this week, can't wait for it to get here!
I would have done that but nowhere did I see that option on the site. I am bummed! I also looked through all 14 or so pages on XJ's to see if I could find it but with no success.
Iron Rock Off Road you should put that as an option there on the long arm page.
Old December 5th, 2017, 17:25
NAXJA Member

***New Product Announcement*** IRON ROCK OFF ROAD 3 LINK!

Ahh gotcha. I was a bit confused by that. I thought it was a special option. I think I'll do that, or at least get a 1/2" ID bushing

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old December 8th, 2017, 05:22
NAXJA Forum User

Does anyone know of a 9/16 bolt option? Just to add that little extra unnecessary beef....Lol
Old December 11th, 2017, 06:49
NAXJA Member

I know Currie and IRO make a 1/2" flex joint for the axle end. Personally Im going to use a JK D30 bushing as it uses M12 vs M10 bolts for the same price as the stock XJ VS $50 for a flex joint. I only drive on curbs anyways, so I dont need all the flecks.
Old January 17th, 2018, 13:37
NAXJA Member

I have a currie Johnny joint in my axle so i drilled the uca to 1/2". Really digging the kit besides the royal PITA it is to adjust the caster and having to drop the crossmember to get the UCA out of the crossmember. But how often do we actually do it? Was also a little head scratcher seeing there's only 4 carriage bolts holding the center section on the outer sections of the crossmember

I did have an issue with the uca making contact with the driveshaft yoke under full compression on driver side. IRO has handled it well and has been in contact with me on the issue. Following the directions for arm length and caster angle when u installed it. I think it had the pinion too high. Gave it some more caster, dropping the pinion down a bit.
Old April 14th, 2018, 22:16
NAXJA Forum User

Reviving an older topic... I'm fairly pleased with the rock link arms. With that being said has anyone installed the coil conversion they offer? I feel like that would make for a comfy trail ride lol

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old April 15th, 2018, 11:20
NAXJA Member

As long as this is reopened----- I need to adjust my caster as Les Schuab wouldn't do it or just didn't do it when i got my alignment. Do i need to remove or drop the cross member? Cant i just take it off the axle and twist it from there?
Old April 15th, 2018, 12:30
NAXJA Member

I was not able to twist the upper link around to adjust it without removing, but the suspension was also not at full droop when I tried. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, if you don't want to remove the crossmember to get the upper link out, you can clearance the floors enough with a bfh to get the link out with the crossmember still installed.
Old April 15th, 2018, 13:42
NAXJA Member

So I didnít need to remove the crossmember. What I did was jacked up the body on jackstands remove the front wheels, and let them sag as much as they could with my sway bar links disconnected. Then by removing the bolt at the body and the bolt at the axle I was able to twist it until I finally got the right length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old March 20th, 2019, 08:44
NAXJA Forum User

What size drill and tap do you youse for the 3rd cross member bolt? Seemed to have misplaced my instructions.
Old March 20th, 2019, 13:14
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93bluebeast View Post
What size drill and tap do you youse for the 3rd cross member bolt? Seemed to have misplaced my instructions.
Still loving mine.
Here is the installation instructions: https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...nk_Install.pdf
Old March 22nd, 2019, 05:52
NAXJA Forum User

Awesome thank you
Old May 11th, 2019, 11:04
NAXJA Forum User

I have this kit on my xj. Currently on 37" swampers with full width tons using only a 4.5" lift. Good flex and driveability No issues so far just bought some decent 39.5x15 swampers so lets see what happens in the near future.