• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What you got left to do?

IntrepidXJ

NAXJA Member #647
Just curious what everyone has left to do to get ready.....as I have a ton to do.

I have to install all of this (plus a bunch of other stuff not pictured):

IMG_3740.JPG

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3898.JPG

onto this:

IMG_3533.JPG

IMG_3551.JPG

I got a lot of work ahead of me, and sure hope I can finish in time......only 38 days until I head West :D

So let's see what you are working on.....

Control arm bushings, and small maintainace

I have to shorten my tie rod, get a new drag link fabricated and have my fuel cell modified so the sump is in the middle instead of the driver side and install a firewall between the passenger compartment and the back where the fule cell is.

Everything is runnable right now but I am building a wristed radius arm and rotating my shock mounts 45 degrees when I get a minute.

Well, I finally started the first steps towards getting my new suspension installed. I got the rear axle removed (so I can regear it and install the locker easier) and most of the rear suspension out. Hoping to have everything done in about a week or so (working a few hours after work each night and weekend)

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

IntrepidXJ said:
Well, I finally started the first steps towards getting my new suspension installed. I got the rear axle removed (so I can regear it and install the locker easier) and most of the rear suspension out. Hoping to have everything done in about a week or so (working a few hours after work each night and weekend)

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

Tick- tock, Tick-tock.3 weeks left.:D

Hey rig looks good used to live in chicago nw suburb bring pizza with you!!!

I flopped my rig over the weekend and broke some more stuff, Im out, I need to tear apart the Front D44, and need to start on a cage

Didn't know it until I woke up this morning and tried to go to work, but I had to replace the starter before I go. :)

It had been acting wierd all week, I thought it was the battery. I was wrong.

Fred

Rear brakes = done
Aft LCA bushings replacement= done
Smashed tire valve stem replacement= done

I just need to "straighten" out the tie-rod a little bit more and do a quick alignment.

Back