• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Today Day 4 Wednesday 10-5-05 Poison Spider Mesa/Golden Spike

MJR

NAXJA Forum User
Well another great day of wheeling with great people. We ran Poison Spider Mesa and then 4 of us split off to run Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim. Sean had a clearance issue between his exhaust and axle while wheeling which he took care of on one obstacle. Once we removed the remainder and secured it to a roof rack we were on the way. Had lunch at the top and then split up. We forgot that Sean's exhaust was on the roof rack of one of those that continued on so it made the Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim loop with us. We stopped along the way to change a rear driveline U-joint that in all 4 caps no longer had needle bearings of any kind left in them (1 year old NAPA stuff). All in all another great day wheeling Moab. So here's a photo link and a few to look at.

Reporting live from Moab, Mike R

http://www.gotgroceries.net/MoabDay4Wed10505/index.html

photo7.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo49.jpg

photo59.jpg

photo51.jpg

photo69.jpg

photo70.jpg

photo77.jpg

photo82.jpg

photo78.jpg

That's right, Mike, go ahead, RUB IT IN!........ ya rat.

Dammit..... I wanna be in Moab this week. But I'll have to live vicariously through the pics here.

:rattle:

ChiXJeff said:

Dammit..... I wanna be in Moab this week. But I'll have to live vicariously through the pics here.

Yah well that's what my "Live from Moab" series is all about. Enjoy, it's always a great place to be.

From Moab, Mike R

Havin fun are ya. Hey Mike, I got your note. When you get back, give me a call. I would love to be there with you guys. I missed it by a week. If it was next week, I'd load the truck and head on over.
Oh by the way, Retirement started last Friday. Just got back from a week with Christy at the beach.
Tell everyone Hey for me.
Mil

ChiXJeff said:

You and me both!

Bloose said:
You and me both!

<grin> I'll wave on the way by tomorrow morning, Bob. Deb & I are headed up to the Keweenaw for 3 days. </grin>

And congrats on finally escaping the rat race, Mil!

Back