• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 Jeep XJ $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy2XJS

NAXJA Forum User
ok so my old blue jeep has finally bit the dust. the motor is making a treeiable sound and i just dont have the time to anything with her.

252 646 6839 is my cell call it or text as ya want. Jeep is in Havelock NC

88 XJ Laredo
205xxx miles
power everything (and it all works)
worn out 31s
30 open 35 open
tow package
SOLID diff cover on a non disco dana 30
shock bar pin eliminators
2 in shackles and spacers
HD leaves and springs with less than 6k miles on them
good tranny and t case
all glass is in great shape
euro tail lights with uncracked lenses
rust was cut out and new metal replaced it
paint is faded
has detours back bone under nose
nice stereo and speakers

shes ugly but served me and may family for damn near 15 yrs.

not looking to make any money here just cant stand the idea of her going to a scrap yard and seeings how the really bad thing is the motor......

the rims and tires in pics are not what are on the jeep as of current

Photo0062-1.jpg

Photo0162.jpg

now here she is as of 25 sept 2012
2012-09-25180042.jpg

2012-09-25180058.jpg

2012-09-25180114.jpg

so yea 1500 or best off i like to bater and trade and cash is king :D

Last edited:
Re: 88 Jeep XJ bad motor $1500

shes a good starter 4x4 project for sure

and just reiterate i am open to trades. a small (kids) dirt bike things that go boom some 35s or bead locks 5 on 5 bolt pattern just saying ;)

ok so interesting fact motor might not be bad at all its simply could be the exhaust valve might be sticking. i will be researching this more but she might be a runner still.

sorry the icon are now on my wifes 99 XJ lol

sold locally

sad to see her go :(

deal fell through motor NOT bad it i repeat NOT NOT NOT NOT BAD

sure would be a great stroker project........just saying

will trade for things that go boom, ammo to feed said things ,35 12.50 15 tires in a fairly new condition orrrr some bused beadlocks with a 5 on 5.5 ford pattern

so uh price drop to 1200 bucks? local scrap yard offered 900. i want her to go to a good home. come on guys, have a heart :D

so uh price drop to 1200 bucks? local scrap yard offered 900. i want her to go to a good home. come on guys, have a heart :D

Please don't scrap it out.....I was planning on another next summer.....I wish i could help you out

oh im not gonna scrap the old girl yet. it will be a cold day in hell. but im still pushing to see that she finds a good home. someone with love, and one tons and a tube bender.....maybe someone who needs to replace a beater camry with a true diamond XJ in the rough.....

If you were certainly closer, I would buy it, fix it up, and sell it on to another mechanically challenged member. I love quick mini-fix it projects. :D

oh doug is VERY mechanically challenged ;) but hey im happy someone would like to play nice with my jeep

What's the verdict on the motor?

runs
could use a refresh but she does move about on her on steam.

ok so she now coms with an ho head and intake. spare parts. come on guys. some one needs to build a jeep. a dark blue one. :D

ok so seeings how it looks like mt old blue jeep will be mine forever, and that i might be scoring a job at the local pick and pull, i need this thread killed off please

i will build her better, stronger, faster. i have one big mongo jeep i think blue is going to evolve in to a street machine.

happy jeeping folks

man, that's a pretty jeep! i think it's worth building! i'd keep at least all-terrains on it, in case you see a trail on the way to work or something, wink wink...
but it's too nice to give up on! bring it back, and if you keep it in the shape it's in now, one day you'll be glad you did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back