• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

F/S 97 xj sport stock

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I have a 97 xj I have been working on getting fixed up. If have a bad head gasket. Pulled the head and had it reworked, new radiator, new water pump, new e-fan and mechanical fan shroud. Has a dent in the driver door. Molding on passenger side is peeling up. I plan on fixing that soon. I have a signed Maine title in hand. Asking $1800 ATM. It has 195K miles aw4 and 231. Interior is dirty... I have not pulled it yet to clean it.

phone023.jpg

I'm sure I'm fidgeting something.... I know the air does not currently work, have not checked to see what it might be. There is a leaf spring o the drivers side that looks like it is sagging to me. I actually have a leaf spring to put on there if you want it. Other then a dented front bumper its in decent shape. I have actually considered keeping it and tagging it but I'd rather get this project out the way for the MJ for the boys. I forgot about the rockers... they have rust.

Last edited:
Bump.... any offers?

Does it run good enough for a DD?

Does it run good enough for a DD?

I have only driven it around the field here. It appears to have the overheating issue fixed. I put about a mile on it right here and the shop in 2wd, 4wd and 4wd low and it never over heated.

Hey Glenn, any chance of trucking that thing toward Nashville/ Clarksville?

Hey Glenn, any chance of trucking that thing toward Nashville/ Clarksville?

Might be able to work something out.... what are you thinking? Hit me in pm so as to not clog the thread.

OK this thing has more rust in the rockers then I realized....

97Jeep001-1.jpg

Good candidate for a rocker replacement!

Does have the 8.25 though.

97Jeep002.jpg

Above the muffler is not bad though:

97Jeep003.jpg

Last edited:
Bump....

BTT... Got a new Bumper to put on it to replace the dented one.

BTT...

Oh, I missed this. Sorry.

My red Jeep is a 93 Sport, no rust, 3" lift w/ 31s. This was my DD until I got the new truck.

You have it for sale?

Back