• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Atlas T-case, 5.0, 23 spline input

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
Well as many of you already know, Big Booty Judy (Green JK on 42s from the crawl) is in the shop getting herself a little bit of a makeover. Taylor was running a 5.0 Atlas in her but that's gonna be too low for the new setup, so we will be selling this one and getting another Atlas better suited for our new needs (Chevy options instead of Jeep options). This would be perfect for any Jeep owner looking for lower gearing.

Atlas 2 speed 5.0 ratio
23 spline input (Jeep style)
Driver Drop
1350 CV Flanges
Heavy duty 32 spline front and rear outputs
Accepts Jeep style speed sensor
Less than 5000 miles on it, not even a year old.

It will not come with shifters... there are so many options as to what you might need so you'll be better off to get you own so that you know they will work with your application.

It is out and ready to ship! No waiting 4-8 weeks!

$1800 plus shipping (free pickup), or will trade for same case with a 3.0:1 ratio and 32 spline input for 4L80E.

If you are interested you can call me at 423-619-4085 or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Tyler

4L80E.............Whats going in that thing? :eek:

Tim buy it? That thing would be sweet in his jeep!

Beef son! Thats gonna be so much better. And twin sticks ftw!

We did the math today, and he will have a crawl ratio of 98:1, but the best part is that with this setup, 2nd gear in the trans will be like 1st gear now, and 3rd gear will be like 2nd gear now, virtually identical final ratios in both gears. So we basically just added a granny gear to his setup. Should work spectacularly in Floyd.

Below are the crawl ratios in low range before and after Atlas:

With NP231:
1st: 53.44:1
2nd: 32.51:1
3rd: 20.09:1
4th: 13.95:1
5th: 11.02:1

With atlas 5.0:
1st: 98.24:1
2nd: 59.76:1
3rd: 36.94:1
4th: 25.65:1
5th: 20.26:1

Another thing is that it will actual make life easier on everything else drivetrain wise because Tim will be able to be more delicate and precise with his driving, going slow and steady when needed. BUT, being a 5 speed, he can simply grab 3rd or 4th, ease 'er up to 4 grand, hold her there while he works up the nerves for the next step, side step the clutch while simultaneously pushing the skinny pedal through the floor, and then hang on for dear life while all hell breaks loose beneath Floyd's floor pans! So yeah, Tim can still drive like Tim! :D

Last edited:
psh... no biggie... just a slight gain over that beast of a 3.8L:D

:roflmao: Beast compared to what? A Fiesta? I saw 4L80E and knew it had to be Chevy powered....Guess I need to get some money and go down there and get work done on my Jeep so I can see it! :D

We did the math today, and he will have a crawl ratio of 98:1, but the best part is that with this setup, 2nd gear in the trans will be like 1st gear now, and 3rd gear will be like 2nd gear now, virtually identical final ratios in both gears. So we basically just added a granny gear to his setup. Should work spectacularly in Floyd.

Below are the crawl ratios in low range before and after Atlas:

With NP231:
1st: 53.44:1
2nd: 32.51:1
3rd: 20.09:1
4th: 13.95:1
5th: 11.02:1

With atlas 5.0:
1st: 98.24:1
2nd: 59.76:1
3rd: 36.94:1
4th: 25.65:1
5th: 20.26:1

Another thing is that it will actual make life easier on everything else drivetrain wise because Tim will be able to be more delicate and precise with his driving, going slow and steady when needed. BUT, being a 5 speed, he can simply grab 3rd or 4th, ease 'er up to 4 grand, hold her there while he works up the nerves for the next step, side step the clutch while simultaneously pushing the skinny pedal through the floor, and then hang on for dear life while all hell breaks loose beneath Floyd's floor pans! So yeah, Tim can still drive like Tim! :D

LOL!

" It's fun to go fast!

Is this in yet?

I told Tim to bring it over to the house and use the lift to install it... He was a little drinked when I told him though, he may have forgotten.

~Stump

No it is still sitting on the floor of my building:mad:. Work has kept me busy these last few months, no time to play.
The month of September looks slow for me .... so James I will take you up on your offer as soon as I order new yokes and get Rebecca's 'new' diesel Benz up to snuff.

Back