• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab in may? What's that all about? At $3 a gallon I think one trip may already break the bank, but fuel is supposed to hit $3.50 to $4 a gallon this summer! I think one trip is going to be it this year. :(

B

Will my 91 with a 3.5 RE SF and 31 be alright out there?

I'll be there this year. Hopefully I don't break my junk the first day this year, better stick to the easy trails.

91 Jeep Project said:
Definitely. Silverton area wheeling is more scenic than technical. You'll have no problem making almost all of the runs.

That's likely a good thing for me. In February I broke a ton of stuff at Freeze Your Butt Off-fest! I was wheeling for about an hour when I broke my drivers side front axle shaft, broke a tooth off the front ring gear, and broke the transfercase! All at once! Needless to say, my wheeling was done for the day. Hopefully I'll get more than an hour of wheeling in after 2 days of driving. :)

B

91 Jeep Project said:
Definitely. Silverton area wheeling is more scenic than technical. You'll have no problem making almost all of the runs.
Uhhh....

So compare it to Chinaman Gulch. There were a couple of us that were even "open-open on 31s" (raises hand) that made it most of the way on that trail without an extra little pull.

Teellandor said:
Uhhh....

So compare it to Chinaman Gulch. There were a couple of us that were even "open-open on 31s" (raises hand) that made it most of the way on that trail without an extra little pull.
Chinaman's is a good bit more difficult than all but MAYBE one of the trails in the Silverton area. Poughkeepsie Gulch is pretty tough, but the rest of the trails can be done in a stocker. You'll have no problems.

kemosabee said:
Definitely count me in, I owe BillR a steak so I'll be prepared with some good Elk steaks if he comes, hopefully with an XJ and not the TJ! LOL
I'll be in my TJ, but I SURE won't turn down an elk steak!:lickout:

Dang wish I could make it, my parents live in Durango and I LOVE the trails up there. Infact my dad is a Jeep parts guy at Pat Murphy Motors in Durango if you'll need anything while youll are up there. They are planning on moving to Okla later this year... someone better take alot of pics..

Pending no new fancy job, Ill be there. Prolly no XJ though. :( Unless I get a fancy job. D@mn catch 22's

Back