• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gps Topo Software

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
So im looking at software for gps units and was wondering what topo software you guys use. I have been playing with google earth and drawing out paths and then saving them as gpx "garmin" or usr "lowrance" files.

Looking for a better way to add waypoints on a route, let me know what you guys use

cds36 said:
So im looking at software for gps units and was wondering what topo software you guys use. I have been playing with google earth and drawing out paths and then saving them as gpx "garmin" or usr "lowrance" files.

Looking for a better way to add waypoints on a route, let me know what you guys use

garmin topo by mapsource, very simple to use,and nice to have! I'm suprised by the accuracy and the tiny little creeks/bodies of water that are actually on there!

What make and model of GPSr do you own?

I use both National Geographic Topo and Mapsource Topo.

I like NG because the "graphic" is the actual USGS 7.5 minute topo. I started out navigating with paper maps and moving to NG Topo was an easy transition. I like NG topo because if I want a paper map I can get an original from the USGS for $6.

Back