• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Argh!!!! Food poisoning!

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
Well I survived my first experience with food poisoning, I have never ever been that sick in my life! :( I totally can see why infants or the elderly can die from this. 8 hours of pure hell. Fever, chills, uncontrolable shaking, and I threw up an average of 5 times an hour for 8 hours! :eek:
I now am in recovery mode, I feel totally dehydrated, sore, and achy all over.
Argh, I never want to go through that again.

Jes

Whatd you eat?

Food poisioning is bad but dysentery is even worse cause it all comes out the 'other' end and sometimes BOTH at the same time. Me and four of my crew mates on my boat came down with it hours after we left subic and had already submerged. Talk about a busy head. Great way to loose 30-50lbs though.... and people wonder why I check expiration dates and wash my hands alot :(

You are lucky if you threw up only 5 times. I got FP last year and was so sick that I couldnt even make it to the bathroom. I just took the screen out of my window and hung my head out. FP will stay with you for a few days too, so good luck in recovery.

Fergie

Boz, it was either some bad cream cheese or a bad Mconalds hamburger.

RichP, that sounds utterly horrable!

Fergie, I threw up on average of 5 times an hour for 8 hours. I lost count after the 30th trip to the bathroom. I finnally just got a bucket and put it next to my bed because I was extremely tired. I was feeling so dehydrated and knew I couldn't hold it down but I kept drinking water and Gatorade. It was better throwing up that than the awful dry heaves I was starting to have once my stomach was empty. I don't feel sick now but am still achy and my head hurts. Feels like a bad hang over. :(

Jes

Well I hope you get better soon. I did the head-out-the-window thing cuz I passed out in the hallway on the previous trip. Oh well...

Fergie

Jes said:
... a bad Mconalds hamburger.

Jes

Yeah that's where my $20 bucks is sittin'. I don't see how that fast food shit stays in business. The only fast food I can bare to eat is Chick-Fil-A or Arby's combo #8 w/ curley fries.:D

P.S: That's McDonald's Jes. :D

Good luck and I hope you feel better, gotta watch the dehydration thing, gatorade is prob a good idea, watch the acids though and brush your teeth after puking, stomach acids destroy tooth enamel. You really should report it to your local FDA and public health dept, time, place and location of where you ate. Who knows, maybe you'll get a few coupons for free burgers and more cheese cake :) I'm just glad I didn't read this before I did, I grabbed two mickey d's CB's while I was waiting for my daughter around noon today.

This thread made me puke and average of once per responce.

By any chance was the mcdonald's in a gay neighborhood?

Last edited:
Hey, where are all of our 'oh so wise in the ways of the world' school kids on this thread? :rattle:

They are sooo good at telling us how the real world is.... they should have some words of wisdom here for us? :passgas:

Maybe once they get the Cherokee back in to production... they can start a petition to rid us of food poisening? I am sure there is some Prof. that can lecture on how to do it... and a few Ex Food workers that can convince them it could be done.... :lecture:

Until then.... yes, food poisening sucks. I have had it a few times... no fun. Last time was from Sea Food. Yuck............

Fealt like I would end up :skull1:

Oh well. Until then... I will just enjoy watching the young folks that know everything :twak: all of us that have been around the block a time or two. Fun to watch them try to spread their wings and join the :party:

Glenn

Last edited:
Just trying to cheer you up. Back in 75 when I was stationed at Groton Ct at the sub base, 3 of us went out and had a big New England steamed dinner, complete with lobster, hot dogs, corn, steamers, shrimp, potatoes, salad, the whole works. That was at a place in Groton long point. From there we went up to misquamaquet beach RI to a place called "The Wreck", big beach bar/nite club. I'd never had a black russian before and man were they good, drank 21 of them in 2 hours [Note: I could kill a 5th of smirnoffs blue with no problem back then so what if it had a something called kahaula in it, big mistake ]. My two shipmates decided to call it a nite so we headed back to the barracks. I was feeling OK, not real blasted but once that van started rocking across the sand parking lot I felt it coming up. Soon as we hit the main road I rolled down the passenger side window and unloaded that whole dinner and drinks, my other mate in the back started roaring and finally was able to tell us 'The poor dude behind us had to turn on his windshield wipers', all I could picture was him picking bits of lettce and lobster dinner out of his grill the next morning :).
The not funny part was that if I hadn't puked I would have died from alchohol poisioning, as it was they kept me in the sub base med center the whole rest of the labor day weekend.
I learned my lesson, from then on I NEVER AGAIN tailgated anyone leaving a bar and to this day I can't stomach kaluha or dairy queen hot fudge sundaes either.
If I ever run into you I'll teach you how to win bar bets that you can eat a raw clam without putting it in your mouth :) :)

Back