• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

f350 PSD vs. RX7 .wmv

WOW!! I want one of those :D How embarassing for the guy in the Mazda. I've heard that some of the serious diesel guys are getting about 1000 ft/lbs of torque. My work truck is a 95 E350 extended van with the Powerstroke, weighing about 7500lbs with all my tools and stuff, and it makes my day when someone gets in the other lane at the light and doesn't give it all they've got immediately. Unless they've got some serious power, they're usually inhaling diesel smoke :D If I didn't have 166k on it, I'd do more mods than the chip, and be able to embarass some Mustangs, too.

Why feel bad for the Mazda? Looks like he had a car solid in the 12's but that PSD was just wicked fast.

Like they said befor eyou can burn nitrous in a diesel bu tthe real fun is propane in a TD. Propane does pretty much nothing on a NA diesel.

I went to the Diesel Extravagenza this year in Terra Haute. Saw some bad trucks there. Mostly cummins, but quite a few Powerstrokes as well. At the dyna, there were at least 30 dodge's pulling 1,000 ft/lbs or more. Nothing like seeing a 4x4 truck pulling a huge sled, dual stacks blowing black smoke 50 feet in the air. Propane is where its at!!!

Ok......

I'm ready to trade my 5.4L F150 now! Sweet, but did you guys see that they also had to build the tranny in the Diesel on "Trucks" too!

Re: Ok......

Ghost said:
I'm ready to trade my 5.4L F150 now! Sweet, but did you guys see that they also had to build the tranny in the Diesel on "Trucks" too!

Anytime you make big mods to a diesel in a P/U you should expect to upgrade the trans. Most of them are marginal as is for trans strength, expecially the Cummins and Duramax trucks.

Have not seem to much info on the Allison beef up yet but I know a few companies make killer setups for the Dodge.

That is deffinatly the quickest FS oilburn I've seen. I miss mu cumins dodge:banghead:. Not only could it tow anything i wanted but it falt out rolled on the highway and was quick light to light.try averaging 75 plus for 500 miles with a ton in the bed and still getting almost 20mpg. but now its a Big block chevy that getting buil only 375hp with 600lb to get down the road.

Back