• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Sam and I charged my A/C yesterday.

I've got some vaccuum stuff to follow up on, but overall it was blowing nice and cold.

We did notice what appeared to possibly be a slight leak in the accumulator schrader valve. Put a rubber cap on it, and figured I'd see if it leaked out over time.

Lol I'm in the same boat, just refilled a week ago, actually held good vacuum. Damn hose gave out lol, not nearly as eventful as your picture :laugh:

Well, as I was getting ready to head back to work from lunch...kaboosh!

keitdy.jpg

Luckily pulled it over to the hose and cleaned all the damn dye off.

Time for some new schraders and caps...and another try :laugh:

My little, holiday weekend Jeep project - a little front suspension work. 3-link long arm, over the axle track bar bracket, shorten the track bar, engine mounts and a Johnny joint rebuild @ the axle UCA mount.

Nxw0vcQ.jpg

Those parts going on your XJ there Je-hefe?

I gotta do some work on my Cherokee I inherited before carnage next weekend with set them free. Will try and post some pictures for you non Facebook people

I gotta do some work on my Cherokee I inherited before carnage next weekend with set them free. Will try and post some pictures for you non Facebook people

Some pictures of the xj buggy. 4.0, rad shifted aw4, 231, jk d30/44 with 5.13s rcv shafts front and rear, tnt suspension all around, body ditched, 38” sticky’s.

My buddy Clay bought this rig around 15 years ago, think it started as a fully loaded 95 limited with all the bells and whistles. He turned it into what it is over the years. We put a new motor in it from Flores last year, and this year did a new fuel cell I built and the rear mounted radiator. Unfortunately he passed away before we could get a wheeling trip in so I bought it some new 38” sticky’s and have a plan to make them bald by the end of the season because he wouldn’t have wanted this thing to just sit around.

qqphyx.jpg

2n03pxd.jpg

2mm9ytg.jpg

Some pictures of the xj buggy. 4.0, rad shifted aw4, 231, jk d30/44 with 5.13s rcv shafts front and rear, tnt suspension all around, body ditched, 38” sticky’s.

My buddy Clay bought this rig around 15 years ago, think it started as a fully loaded 95 limited with all the bells and whistles. He turned it into what it is over the years. We put a new motor in it from Flores last year, and this year did a new fuel cell I built and the rear mounted radiator. Unfortunately he passed away before we could get a wheeling trip in so I bought it some new 38” sticky’s and have a plan to make them bald by the end of the season because he wouldn’t have wanted this thing to just sit around.

qqphyx.jpg

2n03pxd.jpg

2mm9ytg.jpg

Hey my hacked together XJ has rcv shafts as well ...not quite as pretty as this but you know I just hacked my rig together ... like an Elephant I don't forget much ;-)

Hey my hacked together XJ has rcv shafts as well ...not quite as pretty as this but you know I just hacked my rig together ... like an Elephant I don't forget much ;-)

I dont think anyone would stretch as far as to say this thing is pretty. I am the first to admit it is hacked and beat. His philosophy was to use and abuse it so that’s what I am gunna do.
Yours would be 10x cooler if you ditched the body like his. Guessing this weighs close to 3klbs.

I dont think anyone would stretch as far as to say this thing is pretty. I am the first to admit it is hacked and beat. His philosophy was to use and abuse it so that’s what I am gunna do.
Yours would be 10x cooler if you ditched the body like his. Guessing this weighs close to 3klbs.

I like the body still giving the illusion I'm still wheeling a Cherokee .

It might get plated if we can find the title but it gets towed because of the sticky tires anyways.

All I know is it was a pre facelift and he always said it was the highest most fully loaded you could get ��*♂️ The hood and fenders currently on it are from a red 95 so maybe it’s a cross breed?

All I know is it was a pre facelift and he always said it was the highest most fully loaded you could get 🤷*♂️ The hood and fenders currently on it are from a red 95 so maybe it’s a cross breed?

Nerd.

Well my rig was about to be ready for trail run , but sudden idle , stall , and run issues popped up taking it for a trip running over stuff close to the house . I found the o2 sensor upstream harness touching the exhaust manifold with melted wires ...then the coolant temp sensor harness plug had a short , and it runs but shows a 1391 misfire ...so since all my harness plugs sat for over a year disconnected exposed to metal dust I'll be cleaning them out and I've always had a long crank issue so while on the road I have ordered a brand new distributor since it's not much more than a cap , cam sensor and rotor along with a genuine mopar brand crank shaft sensor to replace the master-pro from oriellys. Needs new plugs as well as they aren't very old but the o2 issue looks to have been an issue before as the plugs and upstream o2 looked like lumps of coal so it was running very rich . I got it starting right away without needing to push the gas pedal ,but still shows that 1391 ...hopefully it's fixed with attention to connections and the new quality parts not from china.

Back