• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's happening....

Hey everyone. The forums all over the internet are losing traffic. Thanks to Facebook I believe. I've been in the NorCal Jeep Cherokee Facebook group for sometime now. Is there any other groups the Sierra chapter folks have gone to?

I browse some of the FaceBalls groups, but don’t go to the NorCal page. The guy who runs that page got his panties in a twist and blocked me from it. lastara

I passed my HAM exam this weekend. (Technician)
Unfortunately, I have to wait indefinitely for my call sign due to government shut-down.

so what are peoples thoughts on the new Turbo 2.0 4 cal JL ? Its got some sort of hybrid motor? Just thinking out loud

I browse some of the FaceBalls groups, but don’t go to the NorCal page. The guy who runs that page got his panties in a twist and blocked me from it. lastara
He has a tendancy to do that. It doesnt surprise me.
I passed my HAM exam this weekend. (Technician)
Unfortunately, I have to wait indefinitely for my call sign due to government shut-down.
one day i will do this. ive been saying it for years, I guess i just need to do it.

so what are peoples thoughts on the new Turbo 2.0 4 cal JL ? Its got some sort of hybrid motor? Just thinking out loud
i think its a neat option. I don't know too much about it honestly.

i think its a neat option. I don't know too much about it honestly.

It seems like they were built to last about 5 years. I was watching the bleeping jeep review on his JL and it seems like they cut alot of corners and all the janky foam here and there will fail id imagine after 5 years. Also the steering having a ton of play and feeling all over is bullshit for a new jeep.

The WJ is good, it’s great for tooling around town and short trips to run errands. I can park it anywhere and not worry about having it broken into.

Nice, that's good to hear. Ever since seeing it at Hollister, you've got me pondering for a next daily driver to try and find a nice WJ like yours that can double as the DD + the winter time extension of my snowboard. My 2013 Escape DD I'm hoping to get another 3-4 years out of, it has 118k on the clock right now and 200k is the goal before trying to find something else, possibly longer if she keeps going and doesn't become a high mileage money pit - so far so good.

I like hooters. And Hooters is good too.

I'd be up for either Dublin or somewhere in the south bay after work! I'm free any day but Thursdays as I'm continuing my misc. classes at De Anza in Cupertino to keep busy for a bit to avoid some traffic in the peak hours and this upcoming class for the winter term is on Thursdays.

Just doing toyota things! I miss you all btw...
ebdab32e069d285118aaeb02dc67aa07.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

thats legit man. got pics?

A little slow on posting these up but finally got some pics uploaded.

Panamint Valley
medium800.jpg

Mosaic Canyon in Death Valley
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Titus Canyon
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Brought my converted hybrid/gravel bike. I really wished I had some suspension for the hour long descent back to the Jeep.
medium800.jpg

On the way back down the canyon.

medium800.jpg

Last edited:
that looks damn fun Bryan.

Ive been working on my overland rig, the 1983 wagoneer , non stop lately. Ill get some pics posted once I finally paint it.

Las Vegas for New Years was a lot of fun.

Took a bike ride from Fremont St all the way to the Las Vegas sign and back, 14 miles round trip. Fun ride, but riding through gridlock traffic with half drunk and very distracted drivers made for an interesting ride.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Lots of Cops out. Lol.
medium800.jpg

New Years Eve they shut down the strip to cars.
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

It was a great trip.
medium800.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone here use Strava? I won't post a my account publicly but I will share it via PM if you have an account too.

Back