• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I paid $75 bucks for my bike. 77 Schwinn Varsity. Took it to work and had new tires tubes and tuned for $20. That was my price. I like it, the bike rides nice.

damn Tim, kicking it old school! I can respect that. Back in my younger years I was a very active cyclist. We did it all, BMX racing as kids, got into mountain bikes for years and even did some local road bike racing. Camille and I cycled a lot early on in our relationship and even early in marriage. She is wanting to get back into it again b/c she cant take the impact of running any longer. Cycling was always a good lower impact workout that she enjoyed. She has been eyeballing a few Cannondales, so it will either be one of those or another GT mtn bike.

I so wanna bang Tara Reid...that is all.

Maybe she will be visiting Layfette next Wednesday night :D

damn Tim, kicking it old school! I can respect that. Back in my younger years I was a very active cyclist. We did it all, BMX racing as kids, got into mountain bikes for years and even did some local road bike racing. Camille and I cycled a lot early on in our relationship and even early in marriage. She is wanting to get back into it again b/c she cant take the impact of running any longer. Cycling was always a good lower impact workout that she enjoyed. She has been eyeballing a few Cannondales, so it will either be one of those or another GT mtn bike.

100_0366-1.jpg

Everytime I get on it I think of the first scene of Caddyshack

The shop I work at is also a bike shop. He carrys Canondales, Gts, Schwinn and he just got in a huge order of Scotts. The Scotts are a nice alternative to the Canondales

we may have to talk..what are the Scotts priced like? Does he have any nice used mtn bikes?

Im not sure pricewise. I can find out tomarrow. You wanting rode bikes or mnt bikes. Most of his used bikes are junk that come in. Rarely does he get decent ones. Im not real sure on what all goes on up at the bike shop but I can get you some ideas

four days of work left til 8 days off...and winterfest...

mac 'these nights are going to drag' gyvr

grr....i have decided that i hate carburetors.

i have one problem after another trying to get the j10 running...first it was sucking the bowl dry. then it was overflowing the carb and spraying gas out of the top of the carb. now it will only stay running with the choke closed if you run the throttle by hand. so i think (and i really have no idea because this is the first carb i've worked on) that the high idle is not set right and the mixture is not quite right....i just want this damn thing to run so i can get it out of the shop

four days of work left til 8 days off...and winterfest...

mac 'these nights are going to drag' gyvr

3 more days of work then 9 off.

I'm getting 'cited

Four more days then 12 off. I was only supposed to work Thurs-Sun, but got scheduled for training all week on top of it. 7 straight. Vacation/Winterfest is going to be awesome!

I guess I can't hate on the new guy too much at work that got the job I wanted. He drives a 97-01 XJ lifted 2" and takes it off road.

I always take the Monday after WF off...by the time I party that hard, drive that much and generally abuse myself like that I need an additional day to recoup. I am getting the last few things tied up on the XJ tonight and then the packing/loading will begin....but tomorrow is the huge Ag show in Kansas City so that will shoot that day in the butt for me :farmer: I should have the XJ on the trailer by Sunday evening and about everything loaded up by Monday. A quick service on the PSD and it will be ready to roll out after I get done choring on Wednesday morning. Since Camille is staying at home this time, I can have a little more relaxed trip knowing that she will be taking care of the farms while I am gone instead of the hire hands..they would inevitabily F something major up while we were gone.

Cheese "giddy" Man

I don't go back to work till Thurs after wf. That means I can really hurt myself around the fire :cheers:

This week, I will sleep most of Monday and Tuesday will be my load day. Wed I need to get the kids on the bus and I'm heading out. Pick up shirts/stickers and I'm southbound.

It's snowing to beat hell here now, it will all melt next week as we will be in the 40's again.

I have the Tahoe about 1/2 packed, just need clothes and food. I serviced the 'hoe before I put it away for the winter so it's good to go other than a tire pressure check.

It's gonna be great.

dan

Back