• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Box (The whole box)

...and you ended up with a yota anyways!

Its all good though, the fj40 is an awesome rig... I would wheel one :)

...the video was pretty cool too! Now if we could only get Dan to drive like that! :)

Doug, I'm probably gonna have to take you up on that bud.

Dan, I don't think I'll be as apprehensive about using the skinny on this one. Its a little more heavy duty then The Box was. Probably won't jump it or anything, but def won't be afraid of a good bump every once in a while. :)

That is the shiznit dude! :yelclap:

Haha, why a 5.3 truck engine??? My vote goes to this:

LSX454.jpg

454 cubic inch LSX block. 620 HP and 590 Lb/Ft TQ. Of course you would have to ditch the carb in favor of fuel injection, but thats no big deal!

OOOOOO 6BT CUMMINS FTW!

Eh, the LSX I posted is the lightest of them all (of the posted engines anyway) and makes the most power in pictured form. Yes the cummins can make more with a pretty substantial amount of work, but it still weighs an awful lot...

Last edited:
Well yea its over 1k lbs. I'd like to do a 4BT in my TJ but its still about 700ish, and just not sure I wanna listen to the rattle on the trail. Its either that or 5.7 Hemi.

Not sure what the 12V is rated at but my common rail 24V specs 610 ftlbs.

Back