• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay headers

Those look like a standard replacment manifold? As said the cracking issue still looks apparant there. Power also wont change with these. I dont know what to say... those both dont look any good.

I would keep searching. Good luck

The Chinese price is great, but to me, the bellows make no sense. I don't see how they would change the common cracking issue which has been attributed to worn out engine mounts.
I"m looking for the flex tube type they put on the newer 4.0 TJ's, mines been welded about 5 times now but the next crack that is just starting is out of reach of the welder so I figure if it has to come off I might as well replace it so if it does crack again I can start with a clean sheet of paper so to say :D :D

Rich i have this header.....I bought it from a company called best automotive on Ebay...The header has a Liftime on it. This Header is Huge way bigger than a stock header. Its built like a tank fits like a glove....APN has a reputation of cracking but they have probally fixed that by now. I wouldnt spent any more $$ on a header than this one... you wont gain anything for the extra $. I have 10K on mine now with 0 issue's.

Rich i have this header.....I bought it from a company called best automotive on Ebay...The header has a Liftime on it. This Header is Huge way bigger than a stock header. Its built like a tank fits like a glove....APN has a reputation of cracking but they have probally fixed that by now. I wouldnt spent any more $$ on a header than this one... you wont gain anything for the extra $. I have 10K on mine now with 0 issue's.

Which header !?!?!?!
and what is APN ?

APN is a brand of header sold for the 4.0. I have the same one from ebay your looking at but i bought mine from best automotive...go back on ebay and look for the comapny that uses the girl to model off the header.

I'll probably go with this one, I like the flex pipes, might help it not to flex/crack again.
http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2...roduct_Code=7933053600&Category_Code=CHEROKEE

I'll keep them all in mind though.

Why do you think that one is any better than the one on ebay for $89 from Breast Automotive? They look the same. What about the turbulence that those bellows would create in the outer two pipes? Sure doesn't seem like those reduce the stress where they crack at the last collector.

Why do you think that one is any better than the one on ebay for $89 from Breast Automotive? They look the same. What about the turbulence that those bellows would create in the outer two pipes? Sure doesn't seem like those reduce the stress where they crack at the last collector.

Mostly from what one of my customers and friend says, he does quite a few jeeps, his main comment was that once jeep started using the flex coupled headers from the factory he noticed that he never got one in for repair of the exhaust manifold except for loose or missing fasteners. One of the neat things you can do with the shop key software is searches, 'exhaust manifold weld', all the jeeps that came up with that repair were 2000 on back, TJ's, XJ's and ZJ's plus a few WJ's too as well as a bunch of Neons and other cars which I thought was interesting. I'm still looking around, I may hit a pick and pull and yank a used on off, we'll see, I'm not in a hurry as mine is just a pinhole right now that I can live with.

I haven't heard of apn's cracking. I put one on mine a few months back and have had no problems since.

I haven't heard of apn's cracking. I put one on mine a few months back and have had no problems since.

I had no problem with my 98 for almost 7 years and 200K miles, once I started doing a lot of local driving, close by service calls, a 15 minute run up to the raceway where it barely got warmed up vs a 70 mi one way commute thats when trouble started showing up. Now that I have a solid 25mi/30 minute commute I figure that should even out.

Well, I do short city trips and also make long trips out to wheeling spots. But I also have new poly motor mounts.

I think any case of apn cracks on this board can be attributed to header wrap which is a no-no.

if your mounts are bad enough any header will crack....my stock header only cracked due to a freeze plug that got a pinhole and the PO kept driving it.. the water sprayed out on the header cooling it off and it split at the collector. APN headers had a horrible reputation of cacking when they first came out..whether it was due to there low cost/craftsmanship or the fact that the vehicles where trail rigs. Who knows?? but all i can say is i would be SHOCKED if the above pictured header from ebay cracked on me.....I think i could lift my motor out with it!!!

What is the use of the bellows? I guess I am just an idiot and if everything is bolted on it won't move will it? It is bolted to the head in more than one place and if it is flexing there you have other major issues!!!!

Back