• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got my front axle positioned under the XJ, built and positioned the outer halves of the radius arm frame-side mounts, started to build the radius arms, taught my two-year-old to pedal his bike...

Sat:
Installed a AA SYE on Mark's 231 T-case. Sure is nice having a 2-post lift in my shop. Made that job sooooo much easier. Ordered a Detours USA Backbone and a Superwinch EP9.0 for the Crawl. These will go on Mark's rig for the Crawl and then find their way to my ride afterwards. Got more donations for the Crawl.

Sun:
Used a weedeater and shoveled river gravel. Yuck!

finished editing tellico pics!
i need some addys...

New to this forum, just thought I'd chime in.

Brother in law and I put a 6.5" lift on my recently purchased 1999 Cherokee Saturday.

Broke it in on Sunday with a trip down to the Harpeth River. Fun!

bngiles said:
New to this forum, just thought I'd chime in.

Brother in law and I put a 6.5" lift on my recently purchased 1999 Cherokee Saturday.

Broke it in on Sunday with a trip down to the Harpeth River. Fun!

Congrats and welcome to the site. Where do you go on the Harpeth?

On hwy 70 just East of White Bluff there is a trail head that takes you down there to a nice little camping spot. Get to watch all the drunk canoers pass by. It is almost an hour ride depending on how fast you like to go.

I got the 2.5 in Monday night.

Last night I hooked up most of the other junk just to fire her off and make sure all was good. She fired with a jump and ran perfect!

Tonight I will button up the rad, dust cover, heater hoses, exhaust and motors mounts. Then it will be test drive time.

bngiles said:
On hwy 70 just East of White Bluff there is a trail head that takes you down there to a nice little camping spot. Get to watch all the drunk canoers pass by. It is almost an hour ride depending on how fast you like to go.

Shrek, You still don't have that thing back together and running. Might as well throw it in the Harpeth and use it as a canoe.

trail rate this said:
Shrek, You still don't have that thing back together and running. Might as well throw it in the Harpeth and use it as a canoe.
Haha very funny. Maybe if you had spent less time drinking beer and eating hot wings we would have been done. Just joking you know i appreciate all your help so far.

I got the evrything bolted up and tight. Time for fluids,

Oil... check
power steering... check
brake... check
coolant... WTF?

As I was filling it coolant it was dumping right out the water pump.
Swaped pumps real quick and lit it off. Runs great. It sounds as though it may have a slight knock in the higher RPMs but that just may be the exhaust hitting the cross member.

All that is left is to get some cheap Summit gauges, replace the fragged motor mounts and she should be ready in a few weeks for the trails!

29 spline 8.25 swap and rocklights.
Buying some porc 4.56's and a lunchbox for the 30 but thats for next weekend.Anybody need a d35 near Atlanta?I would take a 12 pack for it...

Well I hope all you Dads out there had a great weekend. I started my weekend out friday night and stripped down the parts jeep some more. As it sits now there is just the shell with no doors, glass, or front clip. Last thing to pull on it is the front axle then it's off to the trash heep. That is unless someone out there is looking for a starting point for their new trail rig. Today other then enjoying some great time with my family I hung my father's day present in the back yard. A new hammock. I was dropping hints for it and a brand new welder but hey some I atleast I got one of them right.

Well....got the RE 3.5" installed, replaced my front brakes and rotors that had been screaming at me the last couple of weeks. Was going to do the SYE till my dad told me right as I was about to do it that he didn't have a saw to cut the shaft with.....so i'm riding around (sparingly) with no SYE, but with a 1" tcase drop and 4* shims and still got some lovely vibes/grinding. Needless to say the XJ is staying parked at the house this week, and I get to roll in mom's KJ since i'll be working mainly 15 hour days this coming week:doh:

All part of the fun I reckon......Jeep looks freakin sweet though :)

There was some good out of the weekend....managed to get the rear upper shock bolts off for a second time now with out breaking them....which is a nice accomplishment in itself, and the ole Jeep reacted somewhat well to this lift.....the front end didn't try to fly away this time with death wobble.

I spent Saturday at the Junkyard getting:
1) Metal skidplate for the transfer case
2) Metal skidplate for the front steering components
3) Metal skidplate for the gas tank
4) Trailer hitch
5) Stock Fog Lights
Total cost $43.62
Good deal? I thought so!

i'll give ya $87.24 for it... double profit! :)

...i worked on my sliders. all i have left to do is grind down the weld splatter, and paint them, and they're ready to go!
...just getting prepped for the crawl.
tcase skid hopefully this weekend, or maybe a CB... or both!

Well I swapped the dana front end from the parts jeep with the 2wd front axle from my jeep so that it's set to leave my driveway. So that makes the wife happy...little does she know I already have another project lined up to fill it's spot. Haha

Last Thursday I swapped my stock rear driveshaft for a Woods shaft and SYE. Boy, talk about a difference in smoothness. I was getting really nervous about driving it the way it was. Me and my brother in law tackled it and had it done in just under 2 hrs. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

I measured out the angle difference between the driveshaft and the rear end. Driveshaft was about 20 degrees, and rear end was 10 degrees. Total difference of 10. It obviously makes a little hum at speeds above 50mph. I guess a 7deg shim kit will be on order. Anybody here had any problems going with that much shim to make up the angular differences?

I work weekends, but have the next two days off for my "weekend"
trimming wheel wels and making half doors is on the project board for the next two days. I'm hoping to get the wells cut first to save me some tire and then tackle the doors once I can get to them in the garage.

anyone got a spare left side mirror-- chrome for an '88?

Replaced the brand new bushings on the brand new front shocks because they cracked to pieces either during install, or the test drive. The back ones are getting replaced this week because they too have cracked after only about 100 miles of highway use.

Did get the SYE in this weekend and i'm still stunned at how smooth it is...

Back