• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another... Build thread for an xj on 40s and one tons in norcal

Finally got it running good. Dizzy index was off and had no way to dial it in without cutting tabs off. Tried new tune and stock tune. I think the new tune needs a new data log since i have new o2 sensors and a new wideband . Need to datalog and send flyinryan a new data log. Thing handles so much better its not even funny. The leaf sliders made it incredibly stable. I can now handle turns at speed much better and its just so much more stable.
c92b3434d56ad76b835a869959aab899.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yeah it still seems like its dumping too much fuel.oil smells like gas and runs pretty cool. I might have to index the dizzy a little more at some point and I am hoping the next data log shows the tuner Ryan that its running a little too rich .

I cant say enough good things about the leaf sliders. I took a slightly a windy steep road up here twice in a row during engine brake in, before I would be driving super slow , Norton Grade (not that windy or steep but it seemed that way with the old suspension) I used to take at like 20-25 in the red jeep and feel sketch I can take at like 40-50mph and feel great. The thing is incredibly stable on the road. Its night and day. I know it also helped to get the 37" spare tire inside the jeep too.

I must have had way more rear steer/rear slop/rear sway than I thought. getting rid of the shackle, drop boxes, and lowering the rear 1-2" was such a huge change.

Thats exactly how the feel in my jeep changed when i switched from shackle drop boxes. Night and day. It brings a lot more confidence in the jeep. Glad to hear you are happy with the results.

That’s great Jon . Will you be bringing the red rig to the meet and greet tomorrow? I would love to see it.

Yep I plan to bring it tomorrow .

It still seems to have a little something going on with it, not 100% sure. I was driving on a hill and it started to lag a bit. Could have been that the trans shifted too early though

Changing plugs out to NGK BKR7E according to my tuner these are the plugs to run. It also looks like in my data log from todays drive that my TPS has a dead spot possibly or a bad connection, reads randomly .5% open, when idle alone is 16.5%, so something is not right there. So I ordered a new TPS and pigtail.

We are narrowing things down

(thanks for the tail pipe reading Cristoph aka clydefrog) and also thanks to the input and analysis from Spencer

Dizzy is indexed good amount over stock but not too far I dont think.

New Mopar : CPS, TPS, MAP, IAT, and Coolant sensor.
New NGK: Coil, o2, plugs

New wideband is on order(again, third wideband, whole new brand this time) , and we are suspecting possible bad wideband and/or bad ECU at this point since the wideband is reading on the leaner side and the tail pipe and motor oil are reading crazy rich. Or possible bad wiring somewhere.

Coolant temps in my data logs seem to be reading low (like reading 70* when the temp gauge is 170* and the rig is obviously warmed up) which is weird and could be part of the problem I suppose.

Last edited:
92b871cefd9b32b99413ed56e8f4e6d6.jpg
33e319bfee6e0b75f82f6d10d70e554b.jpg
ac6205d7fbfdef89579ae66b6eb60dda.jpg
f7311f90bbbe348adcb88477a9801a80.jpg

talking with spencer, it looks like the tail pipe reading is on point with the wideband now, it looks like a 13% co2% is on par with 14.7 A/F ratio. SO it seems like its ok so far.

Reading 70 degrees and not 170 degrees could and maybe be a big issue...

Yeah . I need to make sure thats maybe like celsius or maybe just the livefeed being off

Well ive been wrenching non stop since friday. Blew out rear hub seals. Lost brakes . Replaced rear calipers and master and fronts are new. No air i can find. New leaves on driver side. Removed traction bar. Been bleeding brakes non stip since saturday. New banjo bolts. Doesnt stop. Pedal doesnt even feel remotely good. Ive done so many braking systems in my life and never had a persistent no brakes situation after bleeding the master so many times and maybe 8 hrs of bleeding all 4 corners . Might be faster to fix my wagoneer .

4229f060ee9200a53af8f65eedbffc0b.jpg

Before new driver side leaves and removing the traction bar i had no down travel at all and traction bar was fully bound up allowin no droop and driver sides leaves where bent after 400 miles and had sagged 2.5”-3”. Just my luck

Dropped lift and moved axle forward

Wow its been a while. I mounted up some 38" milestar patagonias and fixed a NSS issue. i need to cut off and weld up new rear lower shock mounts since the current ones are mounted straight and need to be at an angle, one of the main reasons I keep destroying rear shock bushings.

Ordered some Doestch tech prerunner shocks with the shaft bumps. I will see how these do.

Bumping so I can find this on tapatalk

Back