• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Lol, hopefully......

Mopar still makes 4.0 cranks?

56027866ac Mopar $90 shipped . The master pro was $20 . This issue popped up when I was getting ready to head out for work so not much time to look into it , but My wire harness is very easy to trace since it's all visible running from the engine bay left side and right side back to the tail . I had an issue 6 -7 years ago the jeep would stall going from reverse into drive turned out when I installed the transmission I forgot to final torque the block to bellhousing bolts and I had about a 3/32nd gap between which was my issue causing it to stall shifting between reverse and drive ... My current issue could be something as simple a a ground or as much a pita as a flex plate causing the misfire .

All I know is it was a pre facelift and he always said it was the highest most fully loaded you could get ��*♂️ The hood and fenders currently on it are from a red 95 so maybe it’s a cross breed?

Nerd.

Not much original left so I couldn't say for sure. Top '95-'96 would be a Country with the leather option. All of the stuff that would visibly tell you that are long gone.:thumbup:

One ton, if you don’t have any gauges you don’t have to worry about lights.

That's true ... according to my gauge cluster my air bag is not working properly, which is funny because it's working just fine tossed in the pile of parts sitting on the trailer next to the stock steering wheel that I cut the center hub spline out of to weld to my new wheel .

56027866ac Mopar $90 shipped . The master pro was $20 . This issue popped up when I was getting ready to head out for work so not much time to look into it , but My wire harness is very easy to trace since it's all visible running from the engine bay left side and right side back to the tail . I had an issue 6 -7 years ago the jeep would stall going from reverse into drive turned out when I installed the transmission I forgot to final torque the block to bellhousing bolts and I had about a 3/32nd gap between which was my issue causing it to stall shifting between reverse and drive ... My current issue could be something as simple a a ground or as much a pita as a flex plate causing the misfire .
You pull the engine and slap in the crank or fight it in underneath?

Please keep us posted if you did your code, I still haven't fixed mine for a year.

Sensor for crank position...aka... crank angle sensor...ckp...cps...not Z- crank shaft itself . If I do find a mechanical issue I'm just going to drop in a Golan 4.6 as I'm not pulling any drivetrain stuff to put stock back in . The 4.6 Golan has same power as a 5.3 v8 I would even add hesco heads to bump the hp up to about 300hp from 270 . A 6.2 gm and 6l80 would be great and probably not much more than a 4.6 Golan and hesxo head , but a stroker bolts in over a weekend with nothing needed but fine tuning and on the trail b.s another long project and having to settle for watching people wheel on boob-tube

Let's see...I jump back and forth between my two rigs :laugh:

Buggy:
Front end (e.g. axle) finally assembled out to the hubs. I'll get the ORIs charged and tires bolted on and roll it out of the shop for a wash.

From there other than making the new driver's side floor board, should be a pretty quick assembly.

Blue XJ:

- Recharged the A/C system. Turns out one of the lines on my accumulator where it goes into the evaporator blew off. After some looking, I realized the way I bolted the accumulator in, it was trying to pull out (needed to rotate it more towards the firewall, push in the fittings, THEN bolt it down). So far so good, though haven't run it much.

On the other end of things, my electric fan wasn't kicking on at all (brand new fan). Sam and I walked through everything, and I determined the PCM wasn't grounding out the relay for some reason. Yesterday, I decided to swap in a spare PCM I had...and viola...working e-fan. :greensmok

Now to try and get the front and rear bumpers knocked out before COFest....

Back