• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RocktoberFest '19 - Oct. 25-27

Somehow, it appears that a significant number of a variety of beers sneak into my rental car’s trunk when I wasn’t looking. So, those interested in doing a tasting on Friday, I’ve got the product, just need the location. Anyone got a suitable spot?

Note to the unfamiliar with the beers I bring: this ain’t your usual Curs Light stuff.

David Bricker / SYR-SWF

Carol & Rich do yall need anything or any help Ben & I are coming up thursday can be there as early as lunchtime if needed

You can always spoon chris...

lol.

I'm still wrangling my Iceland trip, had a surprise snow that set the timeline back a bit.

If all goes well I'll still be at Twin Grove on Friday evening sometime, probably no buggy though :( damn Dodge blew a brake line when I was getting it over to move the trailer before I left, and I doubt I can fix (and bleed) that in time.

hey David Bricker - that one's for you, would love to do some tasting stuff Friday night :)

I have one of the tent sites reserved as usual, will either be sleeping in my BMW or tenting it depending on weather, if there's space to jump in on Saturday I'll certainly join, don't need it much as I'll have my camera and prefer to just walk most of the interesting stuff anyway. But regardless (and unless I'm stuck in northern Iceland) I'll be there for the dinner on Saturday.

I feel you guys with the employment/job restrictions. They closed my office mid-September so this has been my time to say ****it all and cross some shit off the list. We'll talk more this weekend hopefully, if I make it back from Iceland :D little Nissan NV200 diesel campervan with a 6-speed manual has been a great travel companion and I can't blame it for the weather we've got the last two days, but the tire situation is a different story...more on that when we chat.

I feel you guys with the employment/job restrictions. They closed my office mid-September so this has been my time to say ****it all and cross some shit off the list. We'll talk more this weekend hopefully, if I make it back from Iceland :D little Nissan NV200 diesel campervan with a 6-speed manual has been a great travel companion and I can't blame it for the weather we've got the last two days, but the tire situation is a different story...more on that when we chat.

Sorry to hear about the job, Chris.

Sorry to hear about the job, Chris.

Don't be, I'm not :)

They relocated our production and inventory down to Charlotte about 2.5 years ago to merge with another facility, and for those of us who didn't want to relocate we leased a small office for sales & engineering support here in NJ. I knew it was a matter of time before they decided they could be self-sufficient out of Charlotte so I've been planning this for a while, almost left on my own several times. So financially it's not a problem at all and the fact that it comes from their side means I got a fairly generous severance package and continuing benefits through COBRA for quite a while.

The only surprising thing for me was how easily I was able to (mentally) wash my hands of everything and say, no longer my problem :D in my opinion they were not ready to make this move yet, but that's worth what they're paying me for it these days.

Made it to Reykjavik tonight with no issues, flying home tomorrow. Should see y'all Friday some time :)

Last Day to register for dinner.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/naxja-nac-rocktoberfest-tickets-73762548769

Reminder, paid members are Free but any additional or non-paid members are $15 per person. We just need a head count so registering is Greatly appreciated!!

FyI, I'm good Doug, thanks for the offer. This one is an easy one. Not sure what Rich, Ben & Eric will need though. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Carol & Rich do yall need anything or any help Ben & I are coming up thursday can be there as early as lunchtime if needed

I'll second Carol, Doug, we have a good bit of it squared away already. I won't be there til some time Thursday afternoon, works been hell.
That said, I have a ridiculous amount of nice firewood for anyone who desires it at their site. I can run it down after I get there. So speak up if you want some, I need room in the truck .
Rich

If anyone needs to, I have an extra bunk in our cabin. Am arriving late thursday 9ish and checking out on sunday. Either text or message me on facebook. 610-333-0740 Vic

I'll be rolling into camp tomorrow afternoon myself, there a particular spot folks will be gathering at to hang out?

I know this is TOTALLY last minute, but does anyone have some factory front coil springs that you still consider "in good shape" that you can bring along? They are for Amys MJ. She has what I think are sagged TJ springs in the front. Could also use front sway bar links (factory) and front bump stops if you have them.

I know this is TOTALLY last minute, but does anyone have some factory front coil springs that you still consider "in good shape" that you can bring along? They are for Amys MJ. She has what I think are sagged TJ springs in the front. Could also use front sway bar links (factory) and front bump stops if you have them.
I have a set of stock it came off a 2000 free have them loaded in the jeep will be at the camp tonight

Last edited:
Ben & I are here cabin G24 are we wheeling friday and where & time for meet up also the brisket chile at camp rest is awsome

They might not be sagged tj springs are an inch shorter than xj/mj coils.

Made it to camp, but found a leaking tcase output seal. Tried to replace, but broke a piece out of the extension housing where the seal goes. Have it filled with RV, but not too sure of it and I don't have the right socket for the fill plug either. Have a feeling I'll be wrenching in the morning here at H02. Hope I can find one of those housings and another seal tomorrow...

Made it to camp, but found a leaking tcase output seal. Tried to replace, but broke a piece out of the extension housing where the seal goes. Have it filled with RV, but not too sure of it and I don't have the right socket for the fill plug either. Have a feeling I'll be wrenching in the morning here at H02. Hope I can find one of those housings and another seal tomorrow...

Rob, I am presently in Pittsfield. 45 minutes iut. Anything you need me to pick up? Fluid, JB Weld? New JL?

David Bricker / SYR - AVP

Rob, I am presently in Pittsfield. 45 minutes iut. Anything you need me to pick up? Fluid, JB Weld? New JL?

David Bricker / SYR - AVP

Six oh 7 - 3 four 9 - 8 three 7 four

Sorry, just got back to this.

All back together, ready for tomorrow. Bought a used tcase, transplanted the extension housing to mine.

But thanks.

I made it to Twin Grove. We doing beer tasting at Cabin Q24, or some place else this evening? What time do folks want to start?

David Bricker / SYR - MDT

Home safe, thanks for a great time!

Back